• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Antigrol Tide (IC)

unleashed

First Post
“Well, you’ll not likely get either of those if we don’t get ourselves out of here, my lad, and that starts with getting our fine ship moving,” Colmarr remarks as he begins to sing a jaunty sea tune, pitched so only the crew can hear, hoping to raise flagging spirits.

mps42

First Post
Denther

quickly stows his sword for easy retrieval, keeping his remaining dagger on him, and begins climbing up into the rigging to set the sails.

unleashed said:
...Of course recovering the captain’s body may be out of our hands now, as there’s some movement near the mortician’s shack and a barge anchored nearby,” Colmarr replies, staring out over the bay.

Where?
Grondar tries to spot the movement Colmarr saw.
It could be Elves, Guards, bandits. if Grondar spots trouble he will direct the party through the safest route.

Mallak

First Post
The crew, emboldened by Colmarr's soft singing, slowly prepares the ship to sail. Grondar can see nothing of the barge, but if it doesn't come at them, it shouldn't cause them immediate trouble.

As the
Pander Ban sails out into the harbor, Colmarr directs it toward the slow-moving barge, which has pushed off from the jetty. The Pander Ban, a finely crafted sailing vessel, easily overtakes the sluggish barge as it creeps toward the harbor mouth. The barge is about ten feet wide and twenty feet long. Its gunnel is only a few feet above the water line, and the main area of the deck is given over to refuse. Near the back is a low cabin with a long pole sticking over the stern into the water acting as both rudder and paddle.

[sblock=OOC]The Pander Ban is a much nimbler ship than the barge. It can easily overtake and literally sail circles around the lesser craft. The crew has many options for stopping the barge and/or boarding if that is their desire. Or they could even run over the thing and probably sink it.[/sblock]

unleashed

First Post
“Well done lads,” Colmarr calls, “Grondar, Denther, get down there and see if that is the refuse barge it seems. Also, take a look and see if the captain’s remains are there, as I wouldn’t trust Sam as far as I could throw him.”

mps42

First Post
Denther

Hmmm seems as if Colmarr has appointed himself Captain. Oh well, better him than me.
"AYE, Colmarr" Says Denther, climbing out of the rigging.

Grondar

After all he is the second in command after the captain and after Braer.
Grondar willl go to see what on the barge, not before he wear his chain armor and tie his spear to his back.

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Magyar takes a hint from the thug's behavior, and turns to the group's enigmatic charge.

"It might be best if you were belowdecks now, Lissa," he offers with an easy smile.

Remove ads