• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Antigrol Tide (IC)

Mallak

First Post
Magyar said:
"It might be best if you were belowdecks now, Lissa," he offers with an easy smile.
Naomi glances fearfully at the cabin doorway then back at Magyar. "Will you come with me?"

Denther drops down to the garbage barge's low deck, followed quickly by Grondar. Muddy hay squishes under their feet as they skirt the edge of the dark, smelly refuse piled in the center of the barge. Near the back, lying on the deck by the cabin, is a canvas-wrapped bundle about the right size and shape for a body. Inside the shack it is very dark, only a little light seeping from the cracks of a shuttered lantern hanging from a hook in the ceiling. The room looks empty, the rudder abandoned. A quick, cautious look in the darker corners reveals a pile of rags and rubbish which, when prodded, yelps and unfolds into a wizened old man.

"Gah, gerroff me! I'm jus' an ol' rubbage barge!"

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Mallak said:
Naomi glances fearfully at the cabin doorway then back at Magyar. "Will you come with me?"

Magyar continues to smile, glancing to Colmarr for an objection, before he nods. "Of course, little one. I have a few things I need to collect down there, anyway."

Mallak

First Post
The old man cowers before the big thug, his hands held over his head protectively. "I'm jus' an ol' rubbage barge, I'm jus' an ol' rubbage barge! Ain' nothin' ya wanna go pokin' now. Got nothin' but rubbage, jus' rubbage. Git on with ya then. Please?"

mps42

First Post
Denther

Nudging the canvas-wrapped bundle gently "what about this? Looks like it could be a body. is there something you need to tell us?"

Mallak

First Post
Magyar follows Naomi as she proceeds cautiously below decks. She slips into Colmarr's room and sits on a bunk. "Leave a light? Please?"

Down in the garbage scow, Grondar and Denther interogate the old man.
Denther said:
"what about this? Looks like it could be a body. is there something you need to tell us?"
"Err..." The old man looks confused for a moment. "Aye..." he says cautiously. "'Tis a deadder they picked up in town t'other night. Was gunna drop 'im in t'ocean wi' the rest o' the tra--err..." He eyes Grondar's spear point and the threatening manner of the two men in front of him. "All right, all right! I was takin' 'im out to the ship yonder 'round the point." He points vaguely northerly. "The city pays me t'drop 'im, 'is friends pay me t'bring 'im out all secret like. Hehe...I even arranged for the harbor chain to be dropped so's I could get out. You won't tell no one, will ye?" He gives them a sly sidelong look.

Grondar

Go on, up on your feet, you rusting screw. You have 30 seconds to lift the body and load it on our ship. We will have a little chit chat on board ... move!!!
The thug points his spear to the old man.
If he will do any threatening move, Grondar will not hesitate to poke him a bit with the sharp edge, just to reveal his serious intentions.

jkason

First Post
Magyar Rhineholdt, human rogue

Mallak said:
Magyar follows Naomi as she proceeds cautiously below decks. She slips into Colmarr's room and sits on a bunk. "Leave a light? Please?"

Magyar smiles softly, lighting a lamp to leave for Naomi. "Of course, little one, though I think we both know you can make your own light if need be," he says with a wink. "Now, I'd like to join the others up on deck. Think you can keep yourself entertained here?"

Assuming she agrees, Mag will grab his shortspear from belowdecks, then return above, hoping he needs to use neither that nor his new bow.

Mallak

First Post
Grondar said:
The thug points his spear to the old man.
The old man licks his lips nervously, eyeing the point of Grondar's weapon. He glances over his shoulder to where the steering pole goes out the back of the cabin into the dark water, as if gauging the distance to the slit. He turns back quickly, smiling broadly.

"Well, why didn't'cha say so? They be wantin' the dead body 'cause he's their friend, like I said. Now, why're you interested in a dead body, eh? You necros?" His eyes dart between them and he lets out a high-pitched giggle. "Hehe...One man's trash is another man's body! All right, then, well, I can't shift this thing on me own, now can I?" he says, walking over to the tarp-wrapped bundle. The two sailors keep a close eye on him. He looks longingly over the edge of the boat to the shore, but another glance at Grondar's spear seems to be enough to keep him in line. He tries to lift the bundle, but it really is too heavy for him.

Magyar appears back on the deck of the Pander Ban, spear in hand. The weapon moves his thoughts involuntarily to battle, and with the thought of battle he can almost feel a black crossbow bolt lodged in his side again, the razor sharp head moving about, slicing his insides. Colmarr is watching the barge below, and he can hear most of what is going on. Grondar's dog stands beside him, sniffing the night air. Troth keeps a close watch on the sails, ready to get the boat moving again on a moment's notice. His wounds pain him, but he ignores them, focused on the task at hand.

Remove ads