The Beale of Boregal PbP

fireinthedust

Explorer
I'm interested! Currently playing on another forum, but that game is very slow, and I need my Numenera fix!

Also: I wrote up a story for my character in that game, and posted it on Ninthworldhub.com, the Numenera fan site. I'm really hoping people read and like it (thus initiating my endgoal of being a professional fiction writer, potentially writing a full novel continuing this adventure!). http://ninthworldhub.com/forum/topics/sword-of-aeon

So, what to play... I don't know. I like the ideas presented currently.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I would say at this point it is looking like a no-go as I would want at least three or four players before I would commit to running the game. I thought there would be a bit more interest but perhaps the game just hasn't been out long enough.

24 hours was a little quick!

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yarp. Sometimes you get people within a day, othertimes it takes a week or two. The one day ones were when 3.5 were at its height and everyone was comfortable/ready with the rules. Numenera has been out for less than a month, and not everyone has even received their hardcovers yet. (The PDFs are out, but I prefer to read hardcover).

If Toric doesn't come back, I could run a game. But I hope he does!

Easy, Morrus! :)

I did wait 72 hours or so after posting the initial message before scrapping it (posted on Aug. 15 and scrapped on Aug. 18). I figured with only two responses, there just wasn't the interest at the time. And one of those interested has only one or two posts on the site.

Perhaps I pulled the cancel trigger too fast but I guess I remember the old days of pbp games on ENWorld. There was always lots of interest right away. It seems things in the pbp world have slowed down here since the last time I participated in a pbp game, which was admittedly 5+ years ago.

At any rate, I have since involved myself in a pbp game elsewhere and also just started a new job so I no longer have the time to run a game here too. Since there now appear to be multiple interested players, perhaps you guys can get something going.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Sorry to hear that Toric. I hope you get some more free time in the future!

Unless anyone else would prefer to, I'll take a stab at running! If no one else has a burning desire to run, I'll start a new thread tomorrow evening (Central time), with reserved spots for fireinthedust and Shayuri (as well as joesys and Chronicler if they show up!).

Shayuri

First Post
Isida, that'd be very cool of you. I still remember your Endless Falls game I was in. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, so I am eager to try another of your games. :)

I'd be looking at some flavor of Nano who Uses Power with Precision, I think...a scavenger of numenera who has been unwittingly modified and repurposed by an inhuman (either alien or posthuman) intelligence.

Remove ads