The Boys season two (spoilers)

So, Amazon dropped episodes 1-3 of The Boy's second season this week and episodes will be dropping Fridays. I haven't read the comics this is based on.

So, episode one had a creepy funny moment with Black Noir playing with the little kid's bunny while holding the super terrorist villain's head. I'm guessing storm front's powers are like storm's only without the calling out your attacks thing. Also seems to be a racist and a way to possibly keep Homelander in check.

Once again The Deep screws up (note to sea mammals,do not take a ride from The Deep) The Collective seems to be a take on Scientology or at least groups like that.

Zardnaar

Legend
Noticed everything you mentioned.

Wonder if Stormfronts name was a clue to her racism. She seems badass.

The Deep sucks lol. Felt bad for the whale.
Wonder when it went up. I noticed the 3 episodes were up late last night (Friday) and we watched them earlier today.

If you like Antony Barr (Homelander) he was in a show called Outrageous Fortune and it's great. Think Married With Children crossed with Shameless.

Ryujin

Legend
So, Amazon dropped episodes 1-3 of The Boy's second season this week and episodes will be dropping Fridays. I haven't read the comics this is based on.

So, episode one had a creepy funny moment with Black Noir playing with the little kid's bunny while holding the super terrorist villain's head. I'm guessing storm front's powers are like storm's only without the calling out your attacks thing. Also seems to be a racist and a way to possibly keep Homelander in check.

Once again The Deep screws up (note to sea mammals,do not take a ride from The Deep) The Collective seems to be a take on Scientology or at least groups like that.

Did a little research on Storm Front and, in the comics, that character was a stereotypical German racist/supremist and an result of WWII experiments with early versions of Compound V. Huge difference from the character in the Prime show, with the exception of the racism. Seems like they won't be using a conceit from the comics with respect to Homelander and Storm Front.

I couldn't figure out if Black Noir was laughing of crying, when the world learnt about Compound V, as he was sitting in the hallway on the floor. Might have to re-watch.

The Deep had about 30 seconds of maybe being redeemable, even with the whale thing, until Homelander casually crushed his soul under his boot.

Zardnaar

Legend
Stormfront wa a website for those with views that like an Austrian dictator 1933-45.

Deep might get a redemption arc idk.

Shows clever.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Not on the series. In the comics, or so I read, Homelander was essentially
a clone of Storm Front
Dunno about that, but in the show she can blast people with Palpatine lighting. I read the comics a few years back, and enjoyed them, but I can't remember them much except that Billy Butcher was supposed to be English, the kid was supposed to be Simon Pegg, and Mother's Milk was supposed to be really big.

MarkB

Legend
So, what do you think blew up the CIA lady's head in episode 1? A hidden super, or some kind of keyword-triggered implant? If it's an implant, how many people have Vought implanted?

Remove ads