• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Cake is a Lie - Seven Swords of Sin (Victim #1)

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Hey where are you going? Did you not see the cake?"

"You know, you really don't need that stick and that board. You should probably leave those here. Then maybe you should go get some of that cake."

"You really shouldn't go that way, it could get you killed you know."

The stale scent of ozone and continuous drone of pops and hums permeate this natural cavern. At its center, four clusters of white crystals jut from the stone, ribbons of blue-white electricity crackling over the surface of each, fillign the room with an unsteady white glow. Wild arcs of electricity leap and dance between the floor crystals and a fifth crystal-line point halfway up the north wall, forming a wavering electric pentagon. Whin this fence of lightning a pile of armor, weapons, and art objects lie heaped, many noticably studded with fine gemstones and all made of metal.

attachment.php

A voice cries out from inside the lightning field.

"Halt, mortals! You've entered the realm of Avaneidardax, undisputed lord of the boiling sky, baron of blistering winds, master of sapping storms. Render unto me that which is metal or prepare to be shocked!"

Creatures
Avaneidardax

Items
+1 steel shield
+1 icy burst kama
masterwork spiked chain
+1 mithral breastplate
shock sphere

Exits
West (origin)
South

Attachments

• 13.gif
    13.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 164

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
"Well if that blasted voice doesn't want me here, I'll bet I'm doing something right," mutters the naked warrior as he makes his way into the next room. Sizing up his options as he steps carefully forwards, he calls out "Well, I certainly have no problem with that, none at all," meanwhile adapting his preparations as a plan forms in his head. "In fact," he says as he walks forwards more normally, "I'm happy to give you all my metal just as soon as I get ahold of it." With his final word he brings his club down with the force of the mountains on the nearest crystal.

OOC: Full round action swaps Moment of Perfect Clarity for Mountain Hammer (using Adaptive Style), then a move forwards and hit the nearest crystal. Mountain Hammer means I do 3d6+3 damage and ignore Hardness/DR, so the crystal takes 16 points of damage. In retrospect I probably shouldn't have taken those weapon-specific feats ^_^

The Cake is a Lie: Damage vs. Crystal (Post 12) (3d6+3=16)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Your blow crashes into the crystal and puts a crack right across the middle of it. The sudden damage causes a backlash in the room releasing electricity that deals 29 damage (save for half). The air mephit within reacts similarly holding up his small metallic sphere and yelling "Fool! None can harm the the Chaos Circuit!" despite that fact that you have obviously harmed said circuit. He releases a controlled lightning bolt from the field dealing 25 damage (save for half).

(I'll allow you to roll your own saving throws since it won't really slow anything down.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
The annoying omnipresent voice responds, "I told you that was the wrong way. You don't want to do this all backwards do you? Clearly you should go back to the cake room and have yourself a delicious treat."

Your retreat and heal are successful.

Creamsteak

Explorer
You dash in and strike the same pillar, causing more damage to it. The crystal looks about ready to give out if you can land another respectable hit. The field reacts violently, but not with another damaging backlash. The imp in the field counters with his breath weapon dealing 7 damage (Ref DC 12 for half). Afterwards he taunts still overconfident, "You no take trinket!"

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post

Remove ads