• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Cake is a Lie - Seven Swords of Sin (Victim #1)

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
The warrior shrugged. "Well, back doesn't look much better, so I don't have much choice. I don't suppose you could tell me what I should wait for up ahead, could you? It'd be much appreciated." The breastplate was rather chilly on bare skin, and Jostan found himself wondering if a few rooms on he might find the lord of Linen hanging around.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Well, you made that way about a million times more difficult now. The energy device you just ruined powered a whole lot of this facilities special equipment. You'll be blind in the darkness that way. There's giant wing-less dragons and huge squid-monsters that way."

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
OOC: Sorry, life got a little hectic, I'm just getting caught up now.

Jostan rubbed his chin thoughtfully. "Well, going forward doesn't sound great, but back looks worse to me. Good luck doing...whatever it is you do." With that, he headed out the southern exit.

Creamsteak

Explorer
"Fine, don't listen to me. Just keep wandering around till you kill yourself. That's fine with me. It's not like we we were ever friends. You never even said hello. I'm tired of you. Do you hear me? Hello? I hate you."

The walls of this enormous chamber stretch twenty feet upward before arching five more feet to a peak, buttressed at ten-foot intervals by narrow pillars fo the same white stone. In the center, the smooth floor has been cut away to make room for a massive pool of cloudy water that eddies and glows with bursts of faint green phosphorescence. On a stone bridge bisecting the pool at the waterline squats a massive conglomeration of gauges, tubes, and drive belts, all whirring togetehr with a mechanical hum that fills the room. Static around it causes tiny blue sparks to leap from its frame, particularly around the pipes that lead into the pool. On the north side of the chamber, a platform raised five feet off the ground contains a metallic console overlooking the pool.

attachment.php

Toys
Electro-Thaumatic Generator 9000+
Super-Water

Exits
North-East
South-East

Attachments

• Level 1.gif
    Level 1.gif
    82.7 KB · Views: 118

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
OOC: Doh, I knew I was forgetting something.

Jostan cautiously skirts the pool, back against the wall and makes his way towards the console, trying to see what it might do.

Creamsteak

Explorer
As you make your way around the room, the noxious green bubbles continue to flow and pop from the fluid below. Once you make your way clear to the console, you can see that it contains a number of switches and dials - none of them labled. The entire device seems to be disabled - damaged in some way. It looks like at one time, it had a working power supply, but something has disabled it.

Open the below Sblock.

[sblock=Image]
attachment.php
[/sblock]

A single tentacle (surprise round) rips out of the green fluid and tries to grab you. The tentacles strike deals 10 points of damage, and it attempts to grapple you without being considered grappled. It fails.

The squid acts on 12, roll initiative to see when you act.

Attachments

• Untitled0.gif
    Untitled0.gif
    149.4 KB · Views: 120

Remove ads