The Case of the Shrinking Cadbury Eggs

Ranger REG

Explorer
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadbur...r.2C_You.27ve_Just_Grown_Up.21.22_Controversy

As I'm suffering (still) from insomnia, I was watching Late Night with Conan O'Brien and on the show BJ Novak from The Office shared a mystery that needs to be solved.

You see, he loves Cadbury Creme Eggs. He loves them so much that at this time of the year, but loads of them and freezes them so he could consume then over the year.

So, what's the mystery? He noticed that this year the Cadbury Eggs are shrinking. He brought a two-year-old frozen Cadbury Eggs and this year's Eggs so we the viewers can compare. (Sorry, the video have not yet been posted Conan O'Brien, unless it is on YouTube.) And he was right, this year's eggs are smaller.

Has the price of chocolate or the creme inside have gone up? Is this British subtle way of telling us Americans we're too fat? Is the Cadbury bunny's suffering from a ailment that leads to laying of smaller Creme Eggs? Are you still awake from all these questions? Is it already Easter?

Someone has got to get to the bottom of the shrinking eggs, because I don't my eggs to shrinks.

P.S. Happy Easter!

Common technique to increase profits without the consumer noticing ... keep the price fixed and gradually reduce the size of the product. If people only buy them seasonally, they never notice the size change since the price stays fixed, but the company makes more money.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Common technique to increase profits without the consumer noticing ... keep the price fixed and gradually reduce the size of the product. If people only buy them seasonally, they never notice the size change since the price stays fixed, but the company makes more money.

I think the company that makes Doritos(Frito Lay) did this. I remember there used to be a lot more chips in a bag when I was younger. Or I could be wrong, that too. :)

Remove ads