The Center of Time Rogue's Gallery

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
This is the Rogue's Gallery for the Center of Time PbP game.

OOC Thread
IC Thread
----------------

Players, please use this format when posting your characters.

Skasha Brae

A Rugged Glaive who Howls At The Moon

Tier: 1
Effort: 1
XP: 0

Pools and Edge
Might: 14 (Edge 1)
Speed: 10 (Edge 1)
Intellect: 10

When Transformed
Might: 22 (Edge 2)
Speed: 12 (Edge 2)
Intellect: 10

Skills Trained or Specialized*
Climbing
Jumping
Running
Swimming
Training, Riding, or Placating natural animals
Identifying or using natural plants

Inabilities
Charm, persuasion, etiquette, and deception

Type Features – Glaive
Practiced in armor
Practiced in all weapons
Might Edge 1, Speed Edge 1
Trained in: Climbing
Cypher Use: Limit of Two.
Fighting Moves
---Bash
---No Need For Weapons

Descriptor Features – Rugged
Trained in climbing, jumping, running, swimming
Training in training, riding, or placating natural animals
Trained in all tasks involving identifying or using natural plants
Inability in charm, persuasion, etiquette, and deception.
Additional exploration equipment

Focus Features – Howls At The Moon
Five consecutive nights a month, transforms into a beast for 1 hour a night.
While transformed, +8 to Might Pool, +1 to Might Edge, +2 to Speed Pool, +1 to Speed Edge, can’t spend Intellect points (except to change back, a difficult 2 task), will attack every creature in short range. After reverting to normal form, take -1 penalty to all rolls for 1 hour (if no substantial creature was killed and eaten by you in beast form rolls are at -2 for 28 hours). Action to change back.

Weapons:
Spear (4)
Unarmed Attack (4)
Dart Thrower (2)
Dagger (2)

Armor and value:
Medium Armor: Beast Skins (2)
(If you have multiple sources of Armor, list them all and then add a line for “Total Armor - #” at the end.)

Equipment:
Normal clothing
Dart Thrower (12 darts)
Dagger
Spear
Armor (beast skins)
Explorer's pack (+ additional 2 days’ rations and extra 50 ft. of rope)
Artifact – A rhomboid synth pendant on a nearly unbreakable cord around her neck, shows strange symbols that glow red or green, depending on the time. (This lets Skara know when she’s about to transform.)
Cypher – Telepathy Implant (lvl 6) – two seemingly flimsy two-inch circles of synth, imprinted with purple ink in swirling pattern
Cypher – Magnetic Shield (lvl 4) – a steel sphere with a band of dark metal around its center, the size of a fist
Oddity – Green glass sphere that floats next to her and whistles when she’s angry. Thusly all her bestial attacks are accompanied by a peculiar music.
Shins: x 5

Description: Skara is a tall woman, her long dark hair in two dozen braids, none of them the same size. Flowers are tucked into the folds. Thick dark furs form a mantle over her shoulders, blending into her hair and concealing most of her form.

Link(s) to the Party: Thuyen once was able to direct Skara’s bestial half away from a wounded man, keeping her from eating the innocent. Since then, that’s a debt Skara hadn’t been able to repay.

Background: The eldest daughter in each generation of the Brae family is under a flesh-warping curse. None of her kin could do more than warn Skara that she must keep her distance from all that she loves on the nights when her pendant begins to burn red, or she will slaughter them. Skara took that advice to heart and has been wandering for years, trying to find some place where both she and her bestial half can be content. It’s a journey that might last a lifetime, and she knows it…

Last edited:

fireinthedust

Explorer
Duncan Kull

A Strong Glaive who Fuses Flesh and Steel

Pools and Edge
Might: 20 (Edge 1)
Speed: 16 (Edge 1)
Intellect: 8

Climbing
Jumping
Breaking Inanimate Objects

Type Features – Glaive
Practiced in armor
Practiced in all weapons
Might Edge 1, Speed Edge 1
Trained in: Climbing
Fighting Moves
---Bash
---No Need For Weapons

Descriptor Features – Strong
+4 Might
Trained in Jumping
Trained in breaking inanimate objects

Focus Features – Fuses Flesh and Steel
Repair: first 5 hit points must be repaired before he can recover to full.
Armor +1

Weapons:
Greatsword (6)
Unarmed Attack (4)
Whip (2)
Crossbow (4) +12 bolts

Armor and value:
Medium Armor: Beast Skins (2)
Fuses Flesh and Steel (1)
Total: 3

Equipment:
Normal clothing
Armor (beast skins)
Explorer's pack
Repair Kit
Cypher - Psychic Communique (lvl 3) - A tiny knot of steel with what looks like organic blue rootlets emerging from it. To activate it, press it to your temple.
Cypher - Ray Emitter (lvl 8) - A belt of smooth synth with tiny depressions that make it look like it would fit neatly over the plates on your spine. It will emit fiercely concentrated lethal light.
Oddity - A wristband of thin plates of overlapping gold-colored metal. It buzzes when in complete darkness.
Shins: x 5

Description: Duncan is a giant of a man in simple clothes, yet covered in thickened beast hide armor plates in the style of gladiators: a leather sleeve shield over his arms and shoulders, great leather boots, and a thick belt about his waist with an animal skull with protruding tusks. At his waist he carries a massive sword, worn for him the way other men would wear a longsword; a pouch filled with crossbow bolts, matching the crossbow on his back; and a long whip. His body is tall and well-muscled, impossibly fit with great definition, yet he moves as lightly as a panther. And well he should, as closer inspection shows signs of augmentation with numenera: his eyes glow electric blue, as do discs about his chest and arms, and plates covering his spine.

Link(s) to the Party: Zaccheus helped him escape the arena, and carries the alien device that controls him. Using it, anyone can force him to obey them (Intellect defense to fight it; high difficulty)

Background: A slave gladiator augmented by his master using a mysterious old world base, Duncan fought undefeated in the arena of Katan for five long years, under the control of his master via an alien device. He escaped with the help of Zaccheus and others in the crowd when an army of abhumans destroyed the city. Wandering the wilderness with Zaccheus and other companions, Duncan met his current group of friends and set out to the Beyond for more adventure.

Last edited:

Cerulean Lion

First Post
Zaccheus Varrillion

A Graceful Jack who Controls Gravity

Pools and Edge

Might: 12
Speed: 14 (Edge: 1 )
Intellect: 12

Skills Trained or Specialized

Perception
Trained in:
---all tasks involving balance and careful movement
---all tasks involving physical performing arts.
---all Speed defense tasks

Type Features: Jack

Trained in Perception.
Flex Trained:---Each day choose a skill/task, count as trained. Does not apply to Attack or Defense tasks.

Description Features: Graceful

Trained in:
---all tasks involving balance and careful movement
---all tasks involving physical performing arts.
---all Speed defense tasks

Tricks of the Trade:

Hedge Magic
Practiced in Armor

Focus Feature: Controls Gravity

Hover: ( 1 Intellect, 10 minutes: vertical movement, short distance hotizontal movement, or hover in place)

Weapons:

Buzzer (light weapon, short range) 5 clips, 5 discs each.
Forearm blade (light weapon, melee)

Armor

Leather jerkin (light) (1)

Background: Born lucky. (Most of his special abilities come from his heritage)

GEAR

Normal clothing, weapons, armor
Duncan's control device
Explorer's pack
Tool pack
Cypher x 2.
Oddity x 1
Shins: x 8

Backstory

When someone mentioned Zaccheus Varrillion in his home town, it was often as "that showoff", or "What's he done this time?" But just as often it was "He's a good boy though. Always ready to lend a hand."

Quicker and more agile than most children, he'd go places they couldn't, take dares they wouldn't - and get into more than his share of trouble for it. But he picked up knacks and skills the other kids didn't. He was popular with the other kids because he didn't mind taking a dare and was a pretty good fighter (and he didn't hold a grudge once a fight was over, even when he lost): and with the grown-ups because he didn't mind helping out when asked, and because he could entertain with displays of acrobatics, juggling, dancing.

It didn't hurt that he moved with a natural grace that even the girls envied.

When some of the other boys started telling him he should go explore the Beyond, at first he just laughed at them. But then he started to think about it. If he could bring home some useful lore, or a few really good numenera...one day he went to the shops and bought himself a Buzzer and a rucksack, and started asking around for others to join him.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Echo

An Intelligent Nano who Wields Power with Precision

Pools and Edge
Might: 9
Speed: 12
Intellect: 20 (Edge 2)

Numenera (Specialized)
Memory-related tasks

Type Features – Nano
Practiced in light weapons
Intellect Edge 1
Trained in: Numenera
Cypher Use: Limit of Three
Equipment - Book on Numenera
Esotery
---Onslaught, 1 Intellect
---Ward
---Scan, 1 Intellect

Descriptor Features – Intelligent
+2 Intellect Pool
Trained in any one task
- Numenera
Trained in Memory-related tasks

Focus Features – Wields Power with Precision
Equipment: Book on numenera
Tier 1 - +5 Intellect Pool
Connection: Another PC has ward making them immune to my esoteries (Duncan)

Weapons:
Dagger (2)

Armor and value:
Ward Esoterie (1)
Total: 1

Equipment:
Normal clothing
Dagger
Book (Numenera)
Book (Numenera)
Cypher - Phase Disruptor (lvl 7) - A pyramid-shaped vial five inches high, a selection of symbols running down one edge. When the right symbols are pressed, it sprays the area to be affected with a peculiar mist.
Cypher (occultic, counts as 2) - Teleporter [traveler] (lvl 8) - A silver bodysuit covered with a fine white and red mesh, with straps to synch it down in a various patterns.
Cypher - Rejuvenator that restores to the Might Pool (lvl6)
Cypher - chemical factory that produces antivenom (lvl 3)
Oddity - Silver puddle of liquid metal that follows you around and occasionally forms into odd shapes when resting.
Shins: x 4

Description:
Echo is more cute than pretty, with a skinny, gawky build, pale skin and white hair. She has round cheeks that dimple when she smiles, making her look younger than her 20-odd years, and wide blue eyes. She dresses simply, in ruggedly functional attire that often hangs a bit loosely on her frame.

Link(s) to the Party:
Echo has her own reasons for wanting to pass this way, and hooked up with the others after overhearing they were planning the trip.

[sblock=Background]
I am not who I am.

I can tell you a story about a girl who grew up in a little town just over the edge of the Beyond, not far from a cathedral of the Order of Truth. How she listened to the bells each morning, and dreamed of joining their ranks. She went to class with the town schoolmarm, had the petty, intense friends and enemies that children have, and parents who loved her even through their troubles. It's a good story...it's just not my story.

Lately I've been having dreams...flashes...of another story. A city half-sunk in glass sands, in the shadow of mountains that clouds have to sneak around the tops of. Full of scavengers and marauders living in shanties and the eviscerated shells of buildings of old. It's no place for a child, but one was there. I don't know if she's me. She seems so different. Sly and sneaky, full of bravado...she's likeable. She was a 'runner,' someone who ferried messages and small objects around. But she wanted to be more. To prove herself...

Well, that's as far as I've gotten. There's bits after that. A caldera of molten glass. A field of sand with shards of obsidian and crystal floating in midair over it, and smoke blotting out the sky. And something like a giant red eye that never closes.

Everything's been off since the dreams started. Since I saw his face...since he called that name. I sometimes feel wrong in my body. Details from my past I should know intimately I just...forget.

I was in a town called Underiver when it happeed. An aptly named place, Underiver is in the foothills of a little mountain range, and a river flows right over it.

Not through it. Over it. There's a thing of the old science smack dab in the center; the town was built around it. A synth dome just big enough across for a grown man to lie down inside, full of muted, colored lights that flicker on and off. It's right in the river's path, and the water just lifts right out of its bed as it flows, goes over it in a long arc, then lands again on the other side and continues on its merry way. The water never slows even when it's going up, and the river never floods its banks or shifts its course like most rivers do.

People like to go fishing around the Dome of Lights, casting their lines up into the water going by overhead.

I was doing just that and having a good old time when I heard someone call, 'Del!'

Well I didn't even take note. Del is not my name, nor any derivation therof. But then it came again, closer. 'Del, you're alive! You're all right!'

I turned around, realizing that whoever was saying it was talking to me, against all odds. A man was there, in his late twenties or early thirties perhaps, of 'rustic' demeanor with a beard in need of trimming and bright brown earnest eyes. He was good looking, and seemed very...pleased to see me.

He laughed and as I got up to tell him he was mistaken, he grabbed me into a giant bear hug.

'What did you do to your HAIR?' he asked, still laughing.

My hair is silver-white. It's not uncommon where I'm from, though it occasions comment at times.

He released me, and I told him the bad news, "I'm sorry, you have the wrong person. My name's not Del...never has been. And I've never changed my hair color."

So the man gets a crestfallen look, and squints a bit down at me. Suddenly the light goes out of his eyes, and he turns downcast and embarrassed.

'I'm real sorry, ma'am,' he said. 'You looked jes' like someone...well, someone else I know. She's been missing a real spell now.'

Seeing that change made me feel bad. I liked him better before. "No harm done," I assured him. "I'm sorry I wasn't her. She seems to mean a lot to you."

He smiled wistfully. 'You got that right.' Then he held a hand out. 'I'm Tery. Tery Klatta. If you've got a brother who looks like me, then I reckon there's a whole family that got doubled up somewhere in this crazy world.'

I returned the smile in kind. 'No siblings. Just me.' They were lonely words.

We shook hands, and he went on to say, 'If you ever see a girl who looks just like you, only with red messy hair and more freckles, let her know that there's a terrible clatter waiting back home, alright?'

Terrible clatter? I frowned a little, mystified, but nodded. He was satisfied with that and started walking away, calling his farewell.

And it felt like someone had punched me in the stomach suddenly, only it was in the brain.

Terrible clatter. Tery Bull Klatta.

Because he'd been big as a kid, and clumsy, and broke stuff, and everyone called him a bull in the china store...and then just the bull.

It was a flash. Not images or sounds or memories. Just...a knowing. Like suddenly realizing I had a sixth finger on my right hand, after a lifetime of assuming I only had five. It was just there.

I lost my fishing line. A fish yanked it right out of my hand. I didn't even notice at the time.

Despite looking around, I didn't find Tery again in Underiver. The boy at the stables said he'd left later on that day.

That night I had the first of the new dreams. When I woke up, I felt my skin tingling all over me and it felt wrong, like it'd been painted on. But it was just my skin, as a quick and careful jab with my dagger in the bathroom showed. Even so, I was dizzy for awhile. It wouldn't be the last time. I always get dizzy after a flash.

My name is Triessa. I usually go by Echo when I'm out and about, plying my trade. I grew up in Hollister's Bend, in sight of the cathedral tower of the Order of Truth. I know these things, but I was shaken, so I decided to visit home for the first time in...well...a while. Not because I doubted, but because this was a mystery, and I just can't walk away from those. Ever. It's why I am where I am.

In case it needs saying, Hollister's Bend is real. The cathedral spire is real, and the sound of bells in the morning. The schoolyard. The kind and friendly people. It's a beautiful place.

And yes, some folks there still remember me. They remember when I passed through some time back on my way to the Cathedral, meaning to sell a few things to the Order. With red hair, and some freckles. Seems I smiled more then.

I certainly wasn't smiling now. I didn't recognize any of them. I can still see the faces of the people I grew up with. The house I was raised in. They aren't there though, not in Hollister's Bend.

It took me a week to get a grip on myself, and leave the place. The mystery isn't solved yet. There's one other place I have to look. An old city, ruined and occupied by squatters and treasure hunters and raiders, half-sunk in a sea of sand-sized glass grains and surrounded by mountains that scrape the sky. I haven't found anyone who's heard of a place like that yet, but the mountains narrow things down a bit. There aren't a LOT of mountains that big in the world.

I don't know what I expect to find there, and I don't expect I'll like what I do...but I can't stop now. I may not know for sure who I was, but I know who I am. I'm someone who doesn't stop just because she knows she ought to.

Maybe that's why I'm in this predicament to begin with.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tashtego

Explorer
Seregal Chakane, an Intelligent Jack who Explores Dark Places

Seregal Chakane (often disguised as 'Father Seren')

An Intelligent Jack who Explores the Dark Places

Tier: 1 
Effort: 1 
XP: 0 

Pools and Edge
Might: 10 (Edge 0) 
Speed: 14 (Edge 0) 
Intellect: 14 (Edge 1) 

Balancing
Climbing
Jumping
Knowledge: Numenera Lore
Listening
Memory of direct experiences
Searching
Trickery

Flex skill is currently set to 'Diplomacy'

Inabilities
None

Type Features – Jack
Practiced with light and medium weapons
Intellect Edge 0
Skill: Trickery
Flex Skill

Tricks of the Trade
---Trained without Armour
---Speed Defence

Descriptor Features – Intelligent
+2 Intellect Pool
Skill: Numenera Lore
Skill: Memory of direct experiences

Focus Features – Explores Dark Places
Balancing
Climbing
Jumping
Listening
Searching

Weapons:
Short Sword (4)
Unarmed Attack (2)
Bow (4)

Armor and value: 
None

Equipment:
Clothing
Shortsword
Bow – 12 Arrows
Explorer's pack x2 (Contains 30 m of rope, rations for five days, three spikes, hammer, warm clothes, sturdy boots, three torches, and four minor glowglobes)
Light tools
Disguise kit

Shins: x 8

Numenera
Cypher - Living Solvent (lvl 1) - A green canister with silvery lids.
Cypher - Poison (mind controlling) (lvl 4) - A ceramic ring with a small needle concealed on one side. (The victim of the poison must lay down with eyes closed for one minute when told to do so.)
Oddity - Large box (2' square) made of synth with a hinged lid. It has its own weather system inside, often rainy.

Description: Seregal often disguises himself as 'Father Seren', a wandering Aeon Priest of the Beyond. In this disguise, he wears the amber robes of a priest and cultivates a neatly trimmed beard, peppered with gray, and a stern and yet sympathetic demeanour. When he appears as himself, Seregal appeares to be far more casual and relaxed and prefers to dress simple, dark, non-descript clothes and will be unshaven. Seregal has brown eyes, and olive skin.

Link(s) to the Party:
Reason to adventure: You believed that the task might lead to important and interesting discoveries.
Pick one other PC. This character has been your adventuring partner in previous expeditions, and the two of you work so well together that you both gain +1 to any die rolls when you collaborate on the same task, fight the same foe, and so on.

Background: Seregal grew up on the streets of Qi. He stood out because of his memory and intelligence and was trained by Lantris Vyre, a con-artist, on the important arts of sneaking, robbing and deceiving people. Lantris Vyre had been a former Aeon Priest who'd sunk to a career of confidence-games, drinking and debauchery. From Lantris, Seregal learned to disguise himself as a Aeon Priest, as well as a smattering of numenera lore. From an early age, Seregal spent time disguised at the local inns, listening to the tales of pilgrims, scholars and travellers. He wanted to be a great explorer, adventurer and scholar of the numenera. Most of the money Seregal earned was drunk away by Lantris, and the older man laughed when Seregal said that he wanted education.

As an explorer, Seregal quickly learned his way through Qi's sewers, and established the best routes underground. He would use these to evade capture by the authorities and to bypass rival gangs and those who were trying to track down Lantris Vyre, because he owed a lot of people money. One day when Seregal was returning from a job, he saw that a strange gang of black-clad individuals, lead by a bald man with a red armband and strange flower tattoo, had broken into the dilapidated flat he shared with Lantris. The bald man had a knife to Lantris's throat, and to Seregal's horror, his mentor's throat was cut while he watched.

Seregal turned and ran, but accidentally knocked over a bucket. The strange man saw him and ordered his men to give chase. Seregal dove into the sewers and lost the gang, but then decided that it would be a good idea to leave Qi. Eventually, Seregal journeyed to the Beyond, where he cultivated his disguise as Father Seren, an Aeon Priest. Exploring and studying the numenera remained Seregal's driving motivations, and he found that people were more likely to let him study their artefacts and ancient technologies if he maintained his disguise. He's quite happy with his drifting lifestyle, but would still like to make a great discovery.

Seregal has always been curious about the Augurs and the Clock of Kala. He recently met with a deranged old beggar who claimed to once be a famous treasure hunter, now fallen on hard times. The old beggar had a map detailing an expedition he'd once taken into Augur-Kala, allegedly indicating ruins from one of the previous worlds. Seregal was able to convince the old man to part with the map, and now he's heading off on his own expedition to see what lies beyond Norou.

Last edited:

iamrpgdm

Explorer
Antor Shull

A Swift Jack who Rides the Lightning

Pools and Edge
Might: 12
Speed: 16 (Edge 1)
Intellect: 12

Initiative
Running
Numenera
Speed defense

Flex Skill: Perception - currently

Inability
Fast but not graceful. The difficulty of any task involving balance is increased one step.

Type Features – Jack
Practiced with light & medium weapons
Flex Skill
Speed Edge 1
Trained in: Numenera
Tricks of the trade
---Practiced in armor
---Speed defense

Descriptor Features – Swift
Fast - +4 to speed pool
Trained in initiative
Trained in running

Focus Features – Rides the Lightning
Connection - One PC can come with Antor when he uses Bolt Rider or Electrical Flight powers.
Additional equipment - Bag of miscellaneous batteries and power cells. 75% chance to power device if it depletes.
Electrical esoteries
Shock (1 Intellect)
Charge (1+ Intellect)

Weapons:
Broadsword (4)
Bow (4)

Armor and value:
Light Armor: Leather Jerkin (2)

Equipment:
Normal clothing
Bow (12 arrows)
Broadsword
Armor (leather jerkin)
Explorer's pack - Contains 50 feet (15 m) of rope, rations for three days, three spikes, hammer, warm clothes, sturdy boots, three torches, and two minor glowglobes.
Light tool pack - Contains small tongs, pliers, screwdriver, small hammer, small pry bar, lockpicks, 10 feet (3 m) of string, 3 feet (.9 m) of wire, and miscellaneous screws and nails.
3 days rations(6 total)
Cypher - Instant Shelter (lvl 8) - A dodecahedron made of fine wire that will not deform. Press two corners to activate.
Cypher - Sheen (lvl 6) - A bulb of crystal with a blue liquid inside tapers to a needle-fine point.
Oddity - Three glowing stones, the size of walnuts, that stick to flesh
Shins: x 2

Description: Antor is a man in his early 20's with a black shirt and pants and a blue and black streaked cloak. His hair is a medium length tangle of black and silver streaks and always seems to be standing up in all directions. His eyes are bright blue and full. He always seems a bit jittery and tends to move about a lot(Think of Kramer from Sienfeld).

Link(s) to the Party: There is reward involved and I need the money.

Background: Antor grew up in a small aldeia on the Planes of Kataru. His parents were lost to him at the age of 5 and he was raised by a couple of married nanos. He was always going out exploring with them looking for numenera items they traveled around selling at other aldeias and towns. On one such trip something happened that would forever change him. He was down inside of a large device gathering parts when he accidentally triggered a switch and the device powered on. He was in the core of the device and when the power started flowing, it had to flow through him to complete the power grid. Antor was knocked unconscious and was in a coma for 2 weeks. When he awoke he had a renewed spirit and was quicker on his feet and displayed sparks of power on his fingertips. He destroyed any cyphers he touched until he learned to control this source of power within himself. Antor's adopted parents are getting older now and don't explore as much as they used to so Antor has headed out to earn money for them so they can retire.

Last edited:

Shadowsmith

Explorer
Wisco, the Tough Nano who Lives in the Wilderness

Wisco

A Tough Nano who Lives in the Wilderness

Pools and Edge
Might: 11
Speed: 10
Intellect: 13 (Edge 1)

Might Defense (trained)
Numenera (trained)
Wilderness Life (trained)
Wilderness Lore (trained)

Type Features – Nano
Expert Cypher Use: You can bear three cyphers at a time.
Practiced With Light Weapons: You can use light weapons without penalty. If you wield a medium weapon, increase the difficulty of the attack by one step. If you wield a heavy weapon, increase it by two steps.
Esoteries
--Onslaught (1 Intellect point): You attack a foe using energies that assail either his physical form or his mind. In either case, you must be able to see your target. If the attack is physical, you emit a short-range ray of force that inflicts 4 points of damage. If the attack is mental, you focus your mental energy to blast the thought processes of another creature within short range. This mindslice inflicts 2 points of Intellect damage (and thus ignores Armor). Some creatures without minds (such as automatons) might be immune to mindslice. Action.
--Ward: You have a shield of energy around you at all times that helps deflect attacks. You gain +1 to Armor. Enabler.

Descriptor Features – Tough
Resilient: +1 to Armor.
Healthy: Add 1 to the points you regain when you make a recovery roll.
Skill: You’re trained in Might defense actions.

Focus Features – Lives in the Wilderness
Wilderness Life. You are trained in climbing and swimming tasks. Enabler.
Wilderness Lore. You are trained in wilderness navigation and in identifying plants and creatures. Enabler.

Weapons:
Dagger (2)
Dart Thrower (2)
Unarmed (2)

Armor and value:
Descriptor Feature: Resilient +1 Armor
Esotery: Ward +1 Armor
Total Armor: 2

Equipment:
Book about the numenera
Clothing
Directional compass
Shins: 4

Cyphers
- Adhesion clamps (lvl 6) - gloves covered with tiny hexagons
- Detonation (flash) (lvl 6) - A circle of synth that goes around the wrist and launches a bead of light. (long range)
- Flame retardant wall (lvl 6) - A ring marked with fine filigree and tiny, glittery nodes

Oddity
- Bracelet with a tiny charm bell that rings like a massive bell when intentionally rung.

Description: Short but solidly built, Wisco is frequently mistaken for a warrior rather than a scholar. His light brown hair and beard are kept short but somewhat wild and unevenly cut. His skin is tanned a deep brown. Dark green eyes are set deep beneath his bushy brows. A scar cuts through his beard from his chin to his right ear.

His clothing is sturdy but worn and repaired. The black of his pants has faded to a dark grey. His shirt is a deep forest green. His cloak is dark brown with green trim. His sturdy boots, belt, and gloves are stained black leather.

Link(s) to the Party:
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: You stepped in to defend one of the PCs when that character was threatened. While talking to him afterwards, you heard about the group’s task.

Connection: Pick one other PC who isn’t from the wilderness. You can’t help but feel a little contempt for that character and her “civilized” ways, which show disdain for all things natural and (to your mind) true.

Background:
The only son of a forester, Wisco grew up helping his father in the woods. Together they harvested trees to supply wood for the village. Early on he spent time training with the local militia learning how to march, prepare defenses, and finally to fight. The first time he was struck in training, his psionic gifts manifested as he lashed out with a blast of kinetic force. That same force seemed to partially shield him from harm.

Months of struggle went by as he attempted to learn how to fight. He trained with daggers and dart throwers but as soon as he faced a live opponent, he would lose control. Finally he dropped out of the militia and focused on helping his father. Years past and he grew content with his life and happy with the idea of eventually stepping into his father’s shoes.

Wisco was scouting out good trees to harvest when he heard his father call out in alarm and pain. Rushing back, he discovered that a trio of broken hounds had ventured far outside of their normal territory and attacked his father.

Wisco stood over his father’s bleeding body and fought the hounds. His own blood joined the pool of his father’s blood. He was covered with numerous cuts with the worst having opened his right cheek to the bone. One hound was down the other two wounded, but Wisco was at the end of his endurance and standing only out of stubborn pride.

Out of the wood stepped an ancient woman and a massive wolf-like dog. She threw bolts of energy at the surviving hounds and her animal companion attacked. With the threat of the broken hounds removed, Wisco fell and slipped into unconsciousness.

He woke in Lillian’s treehouse. His wounds were almost completely healed looking weeks old. Wisco stayed with Lillian for most of the year finally learning to control his growing gift. He learned of the numenera and plants beyond trees. Age claimed Lillian ending his apprenticeship a bit early.

Returning to his home village, Wisco was greeted warmly yet he quickly discovered that he no longer fit in with his former friends. His father’s home had been given to a young couple just starting a family. He signed on with the next caravan that passed through town.

Last edited:

Gamgee

First Post
Xaion

A Strong Willed Glaive who Focuses Mind Over Matter

XP: 8

Pools and Edge
Might: 12 /12
Speed: 13 / 13
Intellect: 10 / 13

Climbing
Resisting Mental Effects

Inabilities
Figuring out Puzzles/Problems
Memorizing
Using Lore

Type Features – Glaive
Practiced in Armor
Practiced with all Weapons
Trained Without Armor
No Need for Weapons

Descriptor Features – Strong Willed
+4 Intellect (factored in)
Resisting Mental Effects (T)
Inabilities

Focus Features – Focuses Mind Over Matter
Tier 1: Deflect Attacks. Trained in speed defence actions for 10 minutes.
Powers act oddly around Seregal Chakane. In particular when changing into or out of his Father Seren disguise.

Weapons:
Heavy Crossbow (12 Bolts) (6 Damage)
Razor Ring (2 Damage)
Unarmed Attack (4 Damage)

Armor and value:
Hides and Furs (Not worn/used)

Equipment:
Bedroll
Clothing
Explorer's Pack
Artifact –
Cypher – Magnetic Shield (lvl 5) - Tight, stretchy pale blue gloves with metal plates in the palms
Cypher – Visual Displacement Shield (lvl 4) - A cuff of purple and green metal spirals
Oddity – Shirt that displays your muscles, bones, and internal organs when you wear it. It's otherwise very comfortable.
Shins: 23

Description:
For the tales that surround the man one thing must be said, he sure isn't as tall as most expect. He stands at only 5'11 and has an slim athletic build. Brown skin tone, other than his face you can't see any skin showing form his clothing. He wears simple tight black/brown robes with a hood pulled up over his head. His robes are fastened with a belt that goes around his robes. He has his eyes blind folded with black cloth. His pants are also tight for flexibility and of the same dark colours. His boots are durable leather knee high boots with thick knee pads for protection. Slung on his back is a powerful crossbow and at his side a pouch of bolts. On his left he carries his razor ring in its sheath. If traveling he will have his backpack on with its bedroll tied on top of the pack. Overall presents a very slim target for foes, he looks very agile but with some power to back it up. No one can really say what eye colour he has. He is poised and ready looking at all times, as though he can't help but be hyper aware of his surroundings.

Link(s) to the Party: Wisco helped him escape Legrash.

Background:
In the gloom of Legrash a legend was born. There are many tales amongst the desperate and downtrodden of the town as to how such a man came into existence, for it is not every day someone like this appears. He entered the darkest of caves, the foulest smelling, the ones everyone feared to go into. Just a blindfolded boy no older than you can count on a hand, and an old man. Into the ever black under the mountains they went, as sure as could be. At first they thought nothing more than two crazed people had died. All of them were surprised to see years later the boy emerged as a man, what happened to the old one none could say. Perhaps he is lost under the mountains, or gone to a better smelling place. Here is where our tale of our hero gets interesting.

He stormed into town past the guards, walking slowly the entire time. Never removing his blindfold, he even walked past the guards. When they attacked him their attacks swooshed through the air. They say the man can see even with his blindfold on. Whatever the truth they crumpled to the ground dead in the blink of an eye, a child swears he seen the man punch them three times each before they hit the ground. Scavengers who were there tell tales of bones hit so hard they crumpled into dust, others say the man used a weapon to do it. It made a blinding flash to distract people from his true weapons and magics. Guards at the scene of the crime say he walked into a home of a dangerous and crazed nano, they seen bright flashing lights come from the doorway. Old woman Tabiha never paid her taxes, every time the collectors came she waved her hands, and they would toss the gold on her table and leave with a polite goodbye. Smashing the door from its hinges like it was made from glass.

Now it just so happens one of those collectors was there, handing over some more money to the old nano. He marched on her, and she waved her hand. Now many thought right then and there he would die for trespassing, but he didn't stop. He didn't even seem to hesitate for the moment. With one kick the old woman crumpled to the ground. The guards say the strange man never took the shins as far as what passed for an investigation went, the man didn't take anything. Now why would such a strange man do such a strange thing? We don't know, but the guards set out to find him straight away. The man quiet as a shadow left town they say, on the next caravan out. If you would believe the hearsay he even made a friend, or as close to one as could be described. A man just passing through town named Wisco, but that's just a naiobian wives tale if you ask anyone from here. It's been so long since the man has been seen, many think of him as just another strange local story. Whatever the truth is I'm sure we'll find out someday.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Ohm Eleven

A Mechanical Nano who Talks to Machines

Tier:
XP: 1

Pools and Edge
Might: 7
Speed: 9
Intellect: 24 (Edge 2)

Numenera
Numenera (identifying)*
Numenera (understanding)*
Electical Machines

Inabilities
Charm, persuasion, and deception

Type Features – Nano
Practiced in light weapons
Numenera Training
Intellect Edge 1
Cypher Use: Limit of Three.
Esoteries
---Hedge Magic, 1 Intellect
---Onslaught, 1 Intellect
---Push, 2 Intellect

Descriptor Features – Mechanical
+2 Intellect Pool
Trained in all actions involving identifying or understanding the numenera
Sense “magic” - can sense whether the numenera is active in situations where its presence is not obvious
Esotery – Hedge Magic
Inability in charm, persuasion, and deception.
Extra oddity

Focus Features – Talks to Machines
Equipment: Bag of small tools
Tier 1 - Machine Affinity: trained in all tasks involving electrical machines
Tier 1 - Distant Activation, 1 Intellect: can activate or deactivate any machine that can be seen within short range
Connection: Another PC has a terrible relationship with machines that he works with

Weapons:
Club (2)

Armor and value:
None (0)

Equipment:
Normal clothing
Club
Book (Numenera)
Bag of small tools
Cypher - Infiltrator - (lvl 5) - A metal headband with moveable glass panels that launches a small projectile. Tiny capsule launches and moves at great speed, mapping and scanning an unknown area. It moves 2500 feet (760 m), scanning an area up to 250 feet (75 m) away from it. It identifies basic layout, creatures, and major energy sources. Its movement is blocked by any physical or energy barrier.
Cypher - Gravity Nullifier - (lvl 8) - A small platform on which the user must stand. For one hour, the user can float into the air, moving vertically (but not horizontally without some other action, such as pushing along the ceiling) up to a short distance per round. The user must weigh less than 400 pounds (176 kg).
Cypher - X-Ray Viewer - (lvl 7) - A glass panel that when held up against a solid surface, this panel allows the user to see through up to 2 feet (0.6 m) of material. The panel works only if the material’s level 6 or less. The effect lasts for one minute.
Oddity - Five metallic plates that orbit around your head and display ever-changing, unknown symbols
Oddity - Wrist band that makes your hand invisible when worn.
Shins: 24

Description: Ohm Eleven is a small mousey man with unkempt hair and a general disheveled look about him. He seems to keep to himself most of the time. Certain subjects such as machinery and the Numenera seem to draw him out of his shell.

Link(s) to the Party: A dream guided him to this place sometime in the past.

Background: Unknown

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

thotd
Wisco, a Tough Nano who Lives in the Wilderness.

Wisco

A Tough Nano who Lives in the Wilderness

Effort: 2

Pools and Edge
Might: 11
Speed: 10
Intellect: 13 (Edge 2) (Spent: -4 #435)

Might Defense (trained)
Numenera (trained)
Wilderness Life (trained)
Wilderness Lore (trained)

Type Features – Nano
Expert Cypher Use: You can bear three cyphers at a time.
Practiced With Light Weapons: You can use light weapons without penalty. If you wield a medium weapon, increase the difficulty of the attack by one step. If you wield a heavy weapon, increase it by two steps.
Esoteries
--Onslaught (1 Intellect point): You attack a foe using energies that assail either his physical form or his mind. In either case, you must be able to see your target. If the attack is physical, you emit a short-range ray of force that inflicts 4 points of damage. If the attack is mental, you focus your mental energy to blast the thought processes of another creature within short range. This mindslice inflicts 2 points of Intellect damage (and thus ignores Armor). Some creatures without minds (such as automatons) might be immune to mindslice. Action.
--Ward: You have a shield of energy around you at all times that helps deflect attacks. You gain +1 to Armor. Enabler.

Descriptor Features – Tough
Resilient: +1 to Armor.
Healthy: Add 1 to the points you regain when you make a recovery roll.
Skill: You’re trained in Might defense actions.

Focus Features – Lives in the Wilderness
Wilderness Life. You are trained in climbing and swimming tasks. Enabler.
Wilderness Lore. You are trained in wilderness navigation and in identifying plants and creatures. Enabler.

Weapons:
Dagger (2)
Dart Thrower (2)
Unarmed (2)

Armor and value:
Descriptor Feature: Resilient +1 Armor
Esotery: Ward +1 Armor
Total Armor: 2

Equipment:
Book about the numenera
Clothing
Directional compass
Shins: 24

Cyphers

Oddity

Description: Short but solidly built, Wisco is frequently mistaken for a warrior rather than a scholar. His light brown hair and beard are kept short but somewhat wild and unevenly cut. His skin is tanned a deep brown. Dark green eyes are set deep beneath his bushy brows. A scar cuts through his beard from his chin to his right ear.

His clothing is sturdy but worn and repaired. The black of his pants has faded to a dark grey. His shirt is a deep forest green. His cloak is dark brown with green trim. His sturdy boots, belt, and gloves are stained black leather.

Link(s) to the Party:
Initial Link to the Starting Adventure: You stepped in to defend one of the PCs when that character was threatened. While talking to him afterwards, you heard about the group’s task.

Connection: Pick one other PC who isn’t from the wilderness. You can’t help but feel a little contempt for that character and her “civilized” ways, which show disdain for all things natural and (to your mind) true.

Background:
The only son of a forester, Wisco grew up helping his father in the woods. Together they harvested trees to supply wood for the village. Early on he spent time training with the local militia learning how to march, prepare defenses, and finally to fight. The first time he was struck in training, his psionic gifts manifested as he lashed out with a blast of kinetic force. That same force seemed to partially shield him from harm.

Months of struggle went by as he attempted to learn how to fight. He trained with daggers and dart throwers but as soon as he faced a live opponent, he would lose control. Finally he dropped out of the militia and focused on helping his father. Years past and he grew content with his life and happy with the idea of eventually stepping into his father’s shoes.

Wisco was scouting out good trees to harvest when he heard his father call out in alarm and pain. Rushing back, he discovered that a trio of broken hounds had ventured far outside of their normal territory and attacked his father.

Wisco stood over his father’s bleeding body and fought the hounds. His own blood joined the pool of his father’s blood. He was covered with numerous cuts with the worst having opened his right cheek to the bone. One hound was down the other two wounded, but Wisco was at the end of his endurance and standing only out of stubborn pride.

Out of the wood stepped an ancient woman and a massive wolf-like dog. She threw bolts of energy at the surviving hounds and her animal companion attacked. With the threat of the broken hounds removed, Wisco fell and slipped into unconsciousness.

He woke in Lillian’s treehouse. His wounds were almost completely healed looking weeks old. Wisco stayed with Lillian for most of the year finally learning to control his growing gift. He learned of the numenera and plants beyond trees. Age claimed Lillian ending his apprenticeship a bit early.

Returning to his home village, Wisco was greeted warmly yet he quickly discovered that he no longer fit in with his former friends. His father’s home had been given to a young couple just starting a family. He signed on with the next caravan that passed through town.

Last edited:

Remove ads