D&D 5E The Champion. Needs Fixing?

Does the Champion need fixing?

• No, it's fine.

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Yes, it's weak.

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Multi-classing solves all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who cares? It's a "girlfriend" class anyway.

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadras

Legend
I can't belive I came here and saw this... it's 2014

A GIRLFRIEND CLASS.... :mad: :mad:

right because like I was told in the 90's "Girls don't get it!!!"

Well you know what... most of the guys I've known don't get the rules half as well as I do... but right now I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND who liked the play test... maybe in your eyes I should tell her "Sorry simple classes only?!?!?"

:mad:

This post I find utterly ridiculous. All this PC (politically correct) extremism is rather overplayed IMO. As if none of us make the odd "off-joke" to get a couple of laughs (even in front of those who we are playfully teasing). There appears to be too many uptight people in this world which is a damn shame, and it's sad that its even crept into our, hopefully 'enlightened nerdy relaxed', community of role-players.

Should my wife or someone else make a joke about men, I will laugh and try, if I think I can, to match the wit with a tease back of my own.
Really it was a harmless comment. Don't take life so seriously. ;)

EDIT: I saw [MENTION=82746]HardcoreDandDGirl[/MENTION]'s post first and replied, so I do not mean to single you out alone. It is essentially for everyone that started laying into [MENTION=1879]Andor[/MENTION] about the comment. Queue the attacks on me below the sexist-pig :D:p

Last edited:

GrumpyGamer

First Post
This post I find utterly ridiculous. All this PC (politically correct) extremism is rather overplayed IMO. As if none of us make the odd "off-joke" to get a couple of laughs (even in front of those who we are playfully teasing). There appears to be too many uptight people in this world which is a damn shame, and it's sad that its even crept into our, hopefully 'enlightened nerdy relaxed', community of role-players.

Should my wife or someone else make a joke about men, I will laugh and try, if I think I can, to match the wit with a tease back of my own.
Really it was a harmless comment. Don't take life so seriously. ;)

There are jokes, and there is sexism. This clearly falls in the second category. This poll option says women either don't want to, or can't play games. Considering where the hobby is today, both pen and paper and computer based, this poll option was absurd.

Sacrosanct

Legend
There are jokes, and there is sexism. This clearly falls in the second category. This poll option says women either don't want to, or can't play games. Considering where the hobby is today, both pen and paper and computer based, this poll option was absurd.

It was a nice double whammy of absurdity in one sentence. First, as you say, it implied that females aren't as smart as males. Secondly, it implied that anyone who did prefer the class (even if they were a male) was just as dumb as a female.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Two things:

1) Clearly, a bunch of folks find that term sexist and offensive.

2) The use of that term has overridden any hope the poll had of addressing its actual topic.

If folks want to have a civil discussion about casual sexism on gaming, please take it to the RPGs & Tabletop Gaming forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads