D&D 5E The City of Is'Merith

Macv12

First Post
OMG!

No, we weren't rolling HP. I was distracted with New Years junk. Fortunately I rolled the precise average anyway.

Polearm Master is awesome...that's the reason I originally got a halberd. But no plan survives contact and all that, do TB made more sense.

The time I played a barbarian, I had about 60 HP while everyone else had closer to 30, meaning that after resistance, I functionally had more HP than the rest of the party combined. That might be coloring my impression of Reckless Attack :p

pathfinderq1

First Post
This is the last post I was able to find that talked about loot. Did we ever get a real value for the wand?

Mostly asking so that I know how much Mina has available to spend. Silvered arrows maybe?

ALSO: Mina is leveled up to 4. As expected, went with College of Lore archetype.

I wanted to take a stab at dividing loot.

Okay, here was my attempt to divide loot earlier. You can see how I valued it this way in the earlier post. I’ve added in the new items.

Isaac - the magical sword, chain shirt (for wearing now),
Total value: 60 gp

Al - the Lizardfolk shield, breastplate, golden tusk+teeth (he ripped 'em out so it seems fair to keep them), thieves' tools, and one healing potion (already used)
Total Value: 255 gp

Shen - healing potion, thieves guild magic armor
Total Value: 136 gp 5 silver

Mina –

Daedarai – Poisoner’s Kit
Total Value: 25 gp

Remaining loot:
Antidote potions (x2) – up for grabs at 25 gp (ea) or party loot
Healing Potions (x2) – up for grabs at 25 gp (ea)
Invisibility Potion – party loot
Wand – hard to price. My guess with the earlier formula somewhere between 100-150 gp. This is the first item we’ve seen that actually increases numerical effectiveness though so it’s hard to gauge.

Broken Half Plate - sell
The spare shield – sell
-a 50gp ruby - sell
-a silver beaded necklace worth 20gp - sell
-2 non-magical gold rings each worth 40gp – sell
- a homemade arcane focus made from a human skull containing 2 50gp rubies in the eye sockets – sell

Coins:
151 cp/5 = 30 cp (1 cp remaining)
432 sp/5 = 86 sp (2 sp remaining)
1022 gp/5 = 204 gp (2 gp remaining)

Okay, so what I did is went back to the original list and added up the value of all the treasure that was divided as above (476gp 5 sp). I did not factor in items to be sold (because we don’t know how much we’ll get for it). Then, I added just the gold to that total. That gives us roughly 1,498 gp worth of loot (dropping the silver because I don’t think it’s worth arguing over pennies and dimes at this point).

If we divide 1,498 by 5, we have 299 gp each (again dropping silver). If we take 299 and subtract the loot costs from each person, we have the following:
Isaac: 299-60=239gp
Al:299-255=44gp
Shen:299-136=163gp
Daedarai:299-25=274gp
Mina:299-0=299gp

Add up that and we have 1,019 gp that would be given out. That would leave 3 gp undivided along with the sp, cp, and unsold items. My thought is to take the remainder of the money and divide it as evenly as possible. Then, do the same for the items being sold.

3 gp/5 = 6sp
432 sp/5 = 86sp 4 cp
151cp/5 = 30cp (1 cp remain – vote we make a group wish and toss it in the ocean)

So, assuming everyone is okay with that distribution of items (I don’t know if TGG ever mentioned if Alejandro wanted that armor), each person would get in coin:
Isaac: 239 gp, 92sp, 34 cp
Al: 44 gp, 92 sp, 34 cp
Shen: 163 gp, 92 sp, 34 cp
Daedarai: 274 gp, 92 sp, 34 cp
Mina: 299 gp, 92 sp, 34 cp

If anyone wants to purchase one of the unclaimed items, let’s have them pay the group and we’ll divide that money 4 ways to the other party members.

Does that make sense at all? I feel like that’s a lot of math. If that's agreeable, let's go with that.

Also TGG, if during the next scene you have Alejandro mention wanting to go back to the Undercity to check on someone, I would like for Daedarai to volunteer to accompany you (maybe the whole party if they wish). I don't know how or if you want to introduce that. I just want you to know scene wise that if you bring it up, I'll offer to come along.

Matthan

Explorer
This is the last post I was able to find that talked about loot. Did we ever get a real value for the wand?

Mostly asking so that I know how much Mina has available to spend. Silvered arrows maybe?

ALSO: Mina is leveled up to 4. As expected, went with College of Lore archetype.

We're going to sell off the additional items for an extra 51 gp/person. That got buried in the IC thread.

With the wand, we're going to try and sell it or trade it through the guild fence. I was going to ask 200gp for a straight sale, I think, but offer extra gold for a commission if he finds us a trade for an item that we could use. Does that sound fair?

Trogdor1992

First Post
Sounds fair, it's kinda good to hear that I'm less broke than I thought, since we passed through the market I'll post an updated sheet with my current inventory.

Matthan

Explorer
Real quick, I think this is where we are at with the fence.

-Silvered elven shortsword with a mild glowing enchantment (5ft radius, dim light). 1/2 cost X5
-A Silvered flail 1/2 cost
-3 2 silvered daggers 1/2 cost (1-Shen)
-A silvered Greatsword 1/2 cost
-A suit of self cleaning leather armor 1/2 cost X3 15gp (Daedarai)
-A bronze ever-running hourglass 10gp (Mina)
-A quill that never requires ink 20gp (Mina)
-A suit of breastplate 1/2 cost
-A suit of chainmail, enchanted to smell like roses 1/2 cost + 10gp
-An ever burning candle (can be lit or unlit, but never burns down) 10gp (Mina)
-50ft silk rope enchanted with a 1 inch radius glow 20gp
-Various tinker toy bits and pieces (if interested, please ask for more info)

Seniors purchase only: (Though there's nothing against him making purchases on behalf of others in his own team)
-A crate full of those strange blades the guards outside were wielding 150gp (standard retail) (ask the fence for more info)
-A whip with a tip that's enchanted to create sparks every time it's cracked 300gp
-A crowbar enchanted to make no sound 150gp
-A standard sized coin pouch, enchanted to always appear and feel empty from the outside 50gp (Daedarai)

In my post, I'm going to assume that I was able to find silvered weapons and exchange the old ones towards the cost of them (i.e. everyone spent 100gp, but aren't waiting a week for a new weapon). It is my sincerest hope that when I finally get to you guys that you aren't wolf food.

Here's Daedarai's purchases:
[SBLOCK=Shopping]

Total gold: 319gp 95sp 18cp
Shopping Trip:
Long Bow: 50gp
Curved Elven Blade (from guild): 150 gp
-Silvered: 100 gp
20 more arrows: 5 silver (guild discount)
Remaining money: 19gp 90sp 18cp

Personal selling:

Rapier: 25/2 = 12 gp 5 silver
Shortbow: 25/2 = 12 gp 5 silver
Leather Armor: 10/2 = 5gp
Total gain: 30 gp

More Shopping!

Money total from first shopping trip: 19gp 90sp 18cp
Money from sold party loot: 51gp
Money from sold personal loot: 30 gp
New Total: 100 gp 90 sp 18cp
Purchase:
Everclean Leather Armor: 15 gp
The enchanted coin pouch: 50gp
New Total: 35 gp 90 sp 18 cp[/SBLOCK]
I'll try to update my character sheet to reflect that in the next day or two.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Just a quick note here- I'm about to do an IC post, so please hold off until it comes in; I'm trying to slot in right behind what is going on.

Either it works, or we get killed. ;)

Remove ads