The Crux of the Matter

Knight Otu

First Post
Her servants are very dangerous.
I guess she should know. According to Guile, she should be a wraith now. Ashna thinks, looking around in case this is a distraction.
(Can Ashna tell the difference between a true aspect and a wraith? Knowledge checks as usual and Sense Motive +8)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Still possessed by the paranoid eddy I see :lol: )

*Love looks more like Termina, Guile, and the rest than she does like Xu or Envy.*

[SBLOCK=Sense Motive]She seems completely sincere, she seems terrified of Eve and her servants, and she seems to genuinely love Laynie.[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
"What? Oh, sorry. You make me think of Valeria the first time I've met her." tells Rinaldo as his attention is brought back to the conversation.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Is Rinaldo still allergic to magical item? Is he still hasted? I'm also wondering if Valeria will die because of that magical effect. It could change so much Rinaldo personality...[/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Too bad, but I prefer to have a Rinaldo alive and able to do only move action rather then having a full aware Rinaldo which will be killed in the first action. Rinaldo put back all his magical items.[/SBLOCK]

Once Rinaldo finished to put all his magical items. "Ok, let's go on... Vanitri, can you take the lead, that allergy will disctract me too much. If there is some trap, I won't be able to spot them."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"There shouldn't be any traps--I've been up here for a long time hiding--with the Wild Magic in the workshop, and the Astral stuff up near the Crux and the top where Sin is sealed, I've found that here is the most comfortable place to hide just because of the weirdness though, you know?"

(OOC: Nobody is going to use any of the magic items you just got? Okay then. I think Bront is still semi-away, so:)

*Vanitri takes the lead, heading to the stairs upwards, but as they ascend, there is a blue flash, and everything gets weird...*

(OOC: Okay, several things happen--it's Astral-ish but not completely Astral: First of all, while you can continue walking, you can also make the gravity subjective and float at your normal base speed, or walk on the walls or ceiling if you like. Second, your base mental stats replace your base physical stats as follows--Int is quickness of thought and replaces Dex, Cha is force of personality and replaces Str, Wis is endurance of the mind and replaces Con. This is only your base scores (including stat raises or inherent bonuses but not enhancement bonuses from items, penalties, or ability damage). Then you add enhancement bonuses, penalties, etc for the physical stats as normal--so if you have 16 Int normally and a +4 Int item, you have 16 Dex, but if you have 16 Int and a +4 Dex item, you have 20 Dex. And if you have 10 Cha normally but are drained to 5, you still have 10 Str.

Okay, that's it. Continuing upwards?)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]If I understand well, Rinaldo's stats should be:
Code:
     Old Stats  =>  New Stats
Str: 10     +0  =>  16      +3
Dex: 16(14) +3  =>  15(17)  +3
Con: 12(10) +0  =>  12(10)  +0
Int: 15     +2  =>  15      +2
Wis: 12     +1  =>  12      +1
Cha: 16     +3  =>  16      +3

HP:  31/37      =>  31/37

And Hogarth:

Code:
     Old Stats  =>  New Stats
Str: 14     +2  =>   8      -1
Dex: 12     +1  =>   9      -1
Con: 14     +2  =>  16      +3
Int:  9     -1  =>   9      -1
Wis: 16     +3  =>  16      +3
Cha:  8     -1  =>   8      -1

HP:  38/41      =>  43/46

So, my Constitution drain have no effect for the moment and I suddenly become a lot more powerfull... only thing i have to say: Poor Hogarth and even more: Poor Tenebrynn!

I have no problem in going foward.

By the way, the 3 falling damage were subdual or lethal?[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: No, you still take the Con penalty, so for Rinaldo, who's almost symmetrical between physical and mental, just gains 6 Str.

Fortunately, Tenebrynn doesn't take the Cha or Wis drain to Con and Str)

Remove ads