The Crux of the Matter

Knight Otu

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: There's always humming--the Wild Surge occurs at intervals that are...wait for it--random :lol:
(Sure, but the humming did grow beforehand. :p)

Rystil Arden said:
So afraid of the Deck of Many Things, are we? It's seemed to be fairly beneficial for the others ;)
(I'm not, but Ashna is. Of course, given my track record, I'd draw an instant-death card even if there is none in your deck. :p But if Ashna really has the better luck... ;) Of course, if that happens, Ashna will flee the room immediately, so it would be better to happen when we leave the room anyway.)

Rystil Arden said:
So that means you are indeed gathering previously found salient items only then? There may be other items that can be found with low-DC Search checks to anyone who checks in a particular pile, but since they're under something, the Spot check to see them across the room is high--and you do have someone who can sniff out magic items like a pig and truffles if you use the allergy strategy. If you're okay with just getting those from the list, then we can continue (actually, even if you're not okay, we can continue, but I need to know which ;)) )
(My idea was a superficial search, taking 10 or something. If the others want a more throughout search, we can do that, though. With Hogarth or someone to stand attention to catch Laynie when she falls.)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: So you are at least staying to Take 10 on the entire room then? That sounds good. Having everyone stay to make that go faster or just a few so less people get hit by Wild Surges if one happens? As to the Deck, no it will never draw for you unless you choose to draw, and yes, there is a death card, though it also symbolises rebirth so it kindly reincarnates you. The chances of drawing it so that it will kill you are 1/156)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I like that idea of using my allergy to detect items... I'm willing to do it, but first, everyone (who can) get out of teh room shoudl do so. Rinaldo would remove his magical item and go back there once a new surge would happen to raise his chance to not being stuck by a new one. After that, he could seacrh and use his new innate detect magic to grab all items he need.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Sounds good. You realise that waiting for the next surge because you think a new one won't happen soon is Gambler's Fallacy, right? You could even send Ashnar in too (he has good Knowledge Arcana) to identify useful reagents while Rinaldo does this. Keep in mind that having everyone sans Laynie leave until the next surge means she's going to fall if her thing ends before the surge)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: *sigh* Yeah, poor Laynie, but I am ready to do the sacrifice ;) Ok, maybe some people should get out first... if Rinaldo remove his glove and ring and touch a magical item, does it start to itch him at the hand, or does he only sneeze when near a magical item but cannot point the item?

For Laynie, Rinaldo will throw her his immovable rod and we could tie a rope at it. If the spell end, she will be able to climb down. Hogarth will take care of that will Rinaldo will try to see if his itching hand work by removing his gloves and ring and touching his hat he had removed.

Edit: I just can't beleive I found a use in ecah adventure to that rod... too usefull!

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rinaldo finds that his allergic reaction gets even more acute when he touches an item than it is when he's just near to a magic item. Tossing the immovable rod, it floats up to Laynie, rope attached.*

"So wait, after I climb down the rope, won't the rod still be stuck up here?" Laynie wonders.

*Meanwhile, Vanitri clears out with Ashna and teeny-Tenebrynn.*

Velmont

First Post
"That, I can take care of it. *atchoom* I've jump from the top of the wall of Three Ring castle without harm, I can jump from that height too. *sneeze* I'll fetch that Rod after." tells Rinaldo. He then, slowly, start to seach for more items while scrtaching his back, as he would waste more time removing his armor.

OOC: How high is the roof?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: The lab is 30 feet tall, high enough for whatever keeps the air cool and clean to work and to keep fumes from experiments or the forge from overpowering.

He has to remove all his magic items before he can tell the difference--I'm sorry, did he not remove them all before doing the hat experiment? In that case he couldn't tell.)

"Won't you be allergic to it though?"

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Ah, ok, in that case, Hogarth carry all his magical items...

"That allergy is annoying, but don't prevent me to do anything at all. I'll be able to do that correctly." and Rinaldo starts to search for more items, puting them in his backpack.

OOC: By the way, Tumble is part of a move action, and when you are nauseated, you can do a move action per round, so I could be able to land 'safely' (which should result of 1d6 lethal and 1d6 bashing as one dice can dissapear with a successfull check and one become bashing as I fall deliberately from that height.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Yep, that's correct--you can still Tumble. And Laynie can help you with that--as you'll see)

*When Laynie gets the rod, she has an idea. She jumps around a bit until she gets the highest jump she can, and then activates the rod midair, rope still attached, leading "down" to the ceiling.*

"There! All told, that should be about ten feet, which should mean you won't fall as badly when you come back up for it," Laynie ponders.

*While they are setting this up with Laynie and Hogarth is heading out, and Rinaldo finally finishes removing his armour and heads back in, the humming builds to a crescendo and there is another Wild Surge!*

*First, Laynie and Hogarth switch places, with Hogarth stuck in Reverse Gravity on the ceiling while Laynie is safe on the ground. Then, Rinaldo is effected by Haste and begins to move more quickly. Finally, Laynie's new position is encircled by a tiny ring-shaped Wall of Fire, trapping her inside.*

(OOC: Is Ashna going to help find nonmagical reagents? Is anyone going to do anything about that last surge? Otherwise, I can just fast-forward through fast-speed Rinaldo finding the items that trigger his allergies)

Remove ads