THE DARK - An Illustrated Fading Suns Story Hour [UPDATED 18/02]

Vlad

First Post
very good!

Ben

That's a very beginning for your story. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapters. For sure I'll find ideas to use for my own FS games.

Keep on the good work.

Vlad

LamarFaz

First Post
Re: Another one of Lilwenn (colour)

Sammael99 said:

[Edit : OK, I don't know why that's not working, it'll get sorted when Lamar Faz comes back from England on monday ! Sorry guys !)

All right everybody !
Lilwenn d'Arkanh is back in colour :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Sammael99

First Post
megamania said:
I like the artwork and am thinking that once I get a scanner I will include artwork also in my storys.

I hope you enjoy the story as well ?

;)

Thanks for the feedback guys. The next installment is actually written now (in French) but not translated yet. Considering my insane work schedule this week, I'm thinking it's unlikely to be posted before Friday. Sorry for the delay :(

In other news, we played our second session last night and it went swimmingly. I haven't GMed a game other than 3E in a while and I'd forgotten how much faster things generally went with other game systems. So it seems the second adventure (called "The Trojan Stratagem") will be over by next session. Cool, uh ?

And finally, not to whet your appetites, but Ulric (who plays Buenaventura) has drawn loads more cool pics which I can't post yet coz' the text hasn't gone that far. But believe me, they'll be worth your wait !

Broccli_Head

Explorer
Hey S99,

Thank you for the sci-fi story hour. I've been looking for something besides swords and fireballs!

I've always been intrigued by Fading Suns, but have only browsed at the books and never played. I guess I always thought that the universe was small when compared to Traveller.

I guess I need to re-evaluate how I think about FSuns.

Last edited:

Sammael99

First Post
Broccli_Head said:
Hey S99,

Thank you for the sci-fi story hour. I've been looking for something besides swords and fireballs!

You'll get more than enough swords, but fireballs are rather unlikely ;)

I've always been intrigued by Fading Suns, but have only browsed at the books and never played. I guess I always thought that the universe was small when compared to Traveller.

What do you mean by small ? Is that in terms of geography ? If yes, you can always check out a non up-to-date jumpweb map of the Universe which I found here. It's lacking all the Vau hegemony worlds that were presented in War in the Heavens : "Hegemony".

I don't know Traveler that well. I always found it to be rather cold but then again I never read a single supplement, only rulebooks. Doesn't usually help ;)

I guess I need to re-evaluate how I think about FSuns.

Don't know if you need to, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't regret it ! Don't hesitate to ask questions. If I can answer them without spoilong anything for the players, I will !

Benario

First Post
Cher Sammael99, Merci pour cette lecture passionante!!!;)

I've started playing Fading Suns last December and I find it very refreshing after monts of D&D.
this kind of story for players to help them getting into the mood :)

I must admit that I prefer reading it in french, until now.

Ah yes, I'm a little surprised that none of your players have any psychic powers (well, none have shown them for the moment)... was it forbidden to the players ?

Like everybody, I really want more!!!

Bénario

Sammael99

First Post
Benario said:
Cher Sammael99, Merci pour cette lecture passionante!!!;)

De rien ;)

I've started playing Fading Suns last December and I find it very refreshing after monts of D&D.

It's a great game ! As I hope to prove here !!!

this kind of story for players to help them getting into the mood :)

Send them over ! We wants more readers, we does !

I must admit that I prefer reading it in french, until now.

Well, that's the beauty of the first bilingual Story Hour ;)

Ah yes, I'm a little surprised that none of your players have any psychic powers (well, none have shown them for the moment)... was it forbidden to the players ?

Nope. I was worried everybody would have them, but as it turned out, not one psi, not one theurge, not one priest. It'll turn better that way : the players know nothing about it and that's how I like it !!!

Like everybody, I really want more!!!

It won't happen before the week-end, most likely. In the meantime, if D&D doesn't rebute you too much, you have hours of reading with my other Story Hour "Les Terres Anciennes" linked in my sig. And it's all in French !!!

Remove ads