• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Darkness That Comes Before [Closing Down]

Erekose13

Explorer
hmm gonna have to go with no on that one. at base it would be +2 deflection bonus (8000gp) and +2 saves (4000gp) would already price it out of your range, not counting the blocking mind control and blocking summoned creatures.

Thanee

First Post
I meant it more like casting the spell (would be 1,800gp with a 1 minute duration), not a continuous one (wouldn't allow that either). :)

Bye
Thanee

Ferrix

Explorer
Grizzle updated to have normal attributes. Hoping to find a way during the course of the game to keep my mount and pets up to at least slightly on par. Is Leadership allowed and would I be able to find a Druid who could cast awaken later on?

When's this ball gonna be rolling?

Ghostknight

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Character review: gonna try to go over everyones characters. Finished Ghostknights last night though:
19hps (5d4+5, 4+2.5*4+5=19)
grapple +2 (bab +1, Str +1)
fort +2 (base +1, con +1)
reflex +4 (base +1, dex +1, feat +2)
+6 skill points (2 base + 4 int +1 human *8=56)
dont forget the bonus for alertness from your familiar
setting appropriate languages: actually you get 2 more see above for suggestions.
money; I calculate 4785.02gp spent + 475.52 =5260.54 = 3739.46 left to spend. I imagine some of it was spent adding to your spell book but could you spell it out for me.

Oops, read the wrong line for the saves - updated everything (and I included the +2 from the weasel familiar - I had managed to leave it out so ref is +1 basase, + 1 dex, +2 feat + 2 familiar = +6 total - yep lost one charater too many to fireballs/ligthning bolts/ other ref saves!)

For skills, I calculeted the 18 int only from level 4, I created the charcater from level 1 and worked him up, thus the difference in 6 skill points - I'll happikly add them in though if you feel it more appropriate :) (What can I say, I don't do the optimising thing well!)

As above for the languages - I worked on three bonus languages at start and as I understand it you don't get bonus languages for intelligence gained later (feel free to correct me :D )

The difference in money is due to the spellbook. I worked on the formula of 50gp/level for the wiazrd obtaining the spell from + 100gp/level for the spell book. An extra 22 spell levels in spell books adds up to 3300gp. Now I just gotta figure out why I got more left than you (around 40gp so nothing major really, I have adjusted it to your calculated figure - 3300).

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
money is fine then as is, so is the skill points and languages thing. I usually just build a character based on the level and gotta try to remember the int thing.

Thanee

First Post
Should be able to finish writing up my background (it's basically done, just not completely written up :)) this evening, hopefully.

Bye
Thanee

Quirhid

First Post
I'm almost done with my character now.

Can somebody please tell me what does it cost to add spells in your spellbook in 3.5?

Get ready for Taneth Aislan, male elf wizard 5! ;)

Quirhid

First Post
Taneth Aislan, male elf (high) wizard 5; CR 5; medium-sized humanoid (elf); HD 5d4 (14 hp); Init +3; Speed 30 feet; AC 15 (+3 Dex, +2Armor), flatfooted 12, touch 13, ACP 0, Spell Failure 0; Bab +2, Grapple +2; Atk +2 melee (1d8, critical 19-20/x2, longsword) or +6 ranged (1d6, critical x3, masterwork shortbow); SQ Elven traits; SV Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Str 10, Dex 16, Con 11, Int 18, Wis 12, Cha 10.

Skills and Feats: (41 Skill points, 8/4 max ranks) Concentration +8 (8), Knowledge (arcana) +12 (8), Knowledge (nature) +5 (1), Listen +3 (2), Ride +7 (4), Spellcraft +12 (8), Spot +3 (2); Eschew Materials, Mounted Archery, Mounted Combat, Scribe a Scroll.

Elven traits:
• +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
• Medium: As Medium creatures, elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Elf base land speed is 30 feet.
• Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
• Low-Light Vision: An elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
• Weapon Proficiency: Elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
• +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. An elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
• Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
• Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass elf ’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.

Lanuages: Common (Low Sheyic), Elven, Draconic, Scylvendi.

Possessions: Scolar’s outfit, longsword, masterwork shortbow, arrows(20), belt pouch, inkpen, ink, light warhorse, riding saddle, bit and bridle, saddlebags, bedroll, 30 tinderwigs, waterskin, 10 trail rations, scroll case, 5 paper (sheet), Bracers of Armor +2, 259gp, 3sp.

Spells: 4/4/3/2 spells per day, Base Save DC 14 + spells level

Spellbook:
0th – all
1st – Alarm, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shield, Reduce Person, True Strike
2nd – Alter Self, Blindness/Deafness, Gust of Wind, Melf’s Acid Arrow, Protection from Arrows, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility
3rd – Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fireball, Gaseous Form, Water Breathing

Memorized:
0th – Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Ray of Frost
1st – Alarm, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile
2nd – Alter Self, Gust of Wind, Protection from Arrows
3rd – Fireball, Gaseous Form

Destricption: Taneth is about 5 ½ feet tall. He wears a loose, green, hooded robe witch has a large golden oak in the back. The hood hides his face almost all the time, but you can see there a glimpse of sad, deep green eyes and long black hair. In his belt he has his pouch, his longsword and his quiver of arrows. Often keeping his fine bow in his hands he really looks a battle ready mage.

History: During his early days, his father wanted him to be a hunter for the tribe. The little choice he had, he actually almost became one until one day a group elven wizards arrived in their camp. Amazed by their mysteriousness, he spend a lot of time with them. He was excited when one of the older wizards, Hanthas Taelryn, saw his potential and asked Taneth to be his apprentice. From that time, he worked for the tribe during the day and studied the arts of magic during the night.

Soon he discovered that his master had a beautiful grand-daughter, Aryassa. He immediately fell in love with her. The young love didn’t last long, however, beacause Taneth’s father found out that his son had been practising magic under the protection of the wizards. As a conventional man, he disaprofed this and furiously he claimed that his son was possessed by the vicous wizards. He told the people that their children would be captured too if the wizards weren’t banished immediately. The tribe elders didn’t have much choice but to order the wizards to leave.

During this time Taneth was with a hunting party away from the camp and when he returned in the evening, he bacame mad with rage. Full of anger, he wounded his father and grabbed the few things he owned. He rode off from the camp and declared that he had no father, he had no family and he had no tribe. In the same night he swore an oath that he would find the group of wizards and that he would marry the old wizards grand daughter, Aryassa. Sadly, he never found the group because of his limited tracking skills. After two years of continual searching, the heart brokened and beaten man arrived in this small inn called the River’s Wish Inn, north of Shaul River, far from home.

Erekose13

Explorer
Excellent looks like they are all up then eh? good good. I'll put together the RG thread and IC thread tomorrow. As I stated in the recruitment pitch, weekends are a bit slower for me, but its back to my desk at work tomorrow with nothing but posting on boards to do. I'll also finish going through the other characters by then too.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads