• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

SunGold

First Post
I think Magen's right about the double watches. One in each tower?

Shara's passive per is 15.

Edit: "Whenever" is a useless answer, so I'll amend that: Shara offers to go first.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION], you mentioned that there are multiple towers on each end of the compound. Is this place big enough that it would even matter if there was a person on watch on each end? Or can you get a pretty good vantage point from any tower?

And if Shara was just going to stay in her tower all night and let the others cycle out of the second tower, how would you handle that re: exhaustion?

GreenKarl

First Post
Well the towers are one-person standing sort of things. I suppose you could sleep in one if you looped something to the wall so you would not fall out. I did not imagine them as being very big though. Now the farmstead is on the top of a hill and the towers are such that they have a good vantage point all around.

Now in the dark it is not super easy to see enemies creeping up on you. Its not impossible and the faster it is moving the better the chance to see it, etc.

If you stay up all night I think I would give you a Constitution save to avoid a level of exhaustion but I don't think you would benefit from a Long Rest. You could have taken multiple Short rests but you need sleep to gain the Long Rest benefits.

SunGold

First Post
Ok, if you can see all around from any of them, no point in having two people on watch concurrently. Shara will just take first watch.

For the darkness: she's going to pick up a few smallish rocks to take up the tower. She'll cast Light on one and throw it out over the wall near the gate. She'll do it again when the light goes out in an hour. (Yeah, they can just go over the wall elsewhere, but the point is to try to make them climb the wall rather than stealthing up to the gate).

Watch order:

1. Shara
2. Lucious
3. Hunter
4. Magen

Last edited:

Remove ads