• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

SunGold

First Post
No worries, you've got a lot to keep track of in this fight. Just wanted to make sure that scary worg didn't get a freebie opp attack on me when I headed up the wall. :)

TallIan

Explorer
It's the first time I've actually run into the mounted combat rules in 5e and they seem a little backwards

If you shove mount you have a chance to unseat the rider, requiring a DC 10 dex save. If you knock the mount over the rider simply steps off at the cost of his reaction???

SunGold

First Post
I’m (-1) Str so hopefully someone can throw a rope down so I can make the climb easier.

You're the man, eayres! Now let's see if I can use that inspiration die to get us both over the wall...

[...]

what, if any, check and DC am I looking at to tie a rope to something on the homestead side of the wall? Or could I just throw one end down to Hunter and company, and then drop down and wrap the other end around a leg of the tower and hold onto that end?

That was the plan. :) I just can't do it until next round, since it takes two rounds to climb.

Since Corwin is currently NPC'd, I think I'll just ask him to hold onto the rope with Shara at the top. Seems easier than tying it, and the two of them together shouldn't have a prob holding it.

Edit: Unless Corwin could use his action this round to throw a rope, which would be awesome. Although I don't know if there's something he can tie it to, and I don't know if he can hold the rope solo. I guess I'm so used to thinking of him as small (per the rogues gallery, 5'6" 120 lbs vs. Hunter's 6'4" 168 lbs), but it's really his str score that matters. D&D magic!

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
It's the first time I've actually run into the mounted combat rules in 5e and they seem a little backwards

If you shove mount you have a chance to unseat the rider, requiring a DC 10 dex save. If you knock the mount over the rider simply steps off at the cost of his reaction???

Yea that is weird... lets see how it plays out and maybe we will houserule it next time...

Also with Corwin's Aid, Hunter (or anyone else) can gain Advantage on your roll and your DC is reduced to 10. Only one person a round can climb this way...

Waiting for one one reply also...

Remove ads