• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

Thateous

Explorer
If the map is accurate I should be able to use my reaction on the riderless worg in from of me for entering my reach. Posting it now.

TallIan

Explorer
Yea that is weird... lets see how it plays out and maybe we will houserule it next time...

Also with Corwin's Aid, Hunter (or anyone else) can gain Advantage on your roll and your DC is reduced to 10. Only one person a round can climb this way...

Waiting for one one reply also...

It just strikes me as a little backwards, probably not game breaking though - I think that in the future, I'll just knock the rider prone/back. Though that's not covered in the rules - or I didn't look hard enough.

Thateous

Explorer
Well this is fantasy and all so i guess it works. All i know is that irl it's rare for a horse to fall over w.o the rider going down as well. best you could do is hope to land right and roll to your feet, but you'd have to see the fall coming.

TallIan

Explorer
Well this is fantasy and all so i guess it works. All i know is that irl it's rare for a horse to fall over w.o the rider going down as well. best you could do is hope to land right and roll to your feet, but you'd have to see the fall coming.
That's why I think it's backwards. Of the mount is forced to move its a check not to fall off, if the mount is knocked over, your guaranteed to land on your feet unless you've used your reaction. I would have done it the other way is all.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Hey GreenKarl, that goblin attack that hit me last round should've been rolled at disadvantage, since I'd said I'd use Warding Flare if attacked. I'm sorry, I know it must be a really annoying feature to keep track of in PbP. :( I wouldn't even bring it up if things were going well, but since it looks like I might have to hop back down and stabilize people...

TallIan

Explorer
Yeah, in retrospect I should have used second wind that round, but I'd rolled for the shield bash before I thought about it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
Hopefully someone else can finish off wolf 1 and you'll be alright. I'll throw a second rope down next round so we can get everyone over the wall. I'd actually intended to do that this round so you and Hunter could both get out right now, but you beat me to posting so I went for the wolf.

eayres33

Explorer
I'm struggling with what I know is the smart move to do, and what Hunter would want to do. I know Mikel is leaving once we get back to town but I don't feel all that comfortable leaving him out to die as we climb up the ropes. However with the condition everyone is in we might have to leave him or all die. This is a tough fight.

SunGold

First Post
To be honest, I'm playing this fight as if Mikel doesn't even exist.

If he had ever really been in the game, I'd care about his send-off (I care about Raux's, by contrast). But he's spent most of this game as an NPC, and a crotchety one, at that. So whatever.

I'll absolutely hop back down and fight if Magen goes down, but risking a TPK over the dude I forget is there half the time...nope.

Remove ads