• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

SunGold

First Post
I'm kind of confused by the map. Mikel & Lucious are 30 ft behind the main group (by squares), and both goblin packs are 60ish ft away (again by squares). The text description says Lucious and Mikel are indeed 30 ft back, but both goblin packs are 100ish ft away.

In the case of the goblins, is the text accurate, or the map?

GreenKarl

First Post
I'm kind of confused by the map. Mikel & Lucious are 30 ft behind the main group (by squares), and both goblin packs are 60ish ft away (again by squares). The text description says Lucious and Mikel are indeed 30 ft back, but both goblin packs are 100ish ft away.

In the case of the goblins, is the text accurate, or the map?

Darn it you are correct. Lucious and Mikel should be 3 squares back and the squares are 10 foot squares for right now.

Sorry about that :(

TallIan

Explorer
I'm of a mind to back towards the homestead, while shooting at the boss goblin. I can't see them obliging us by engaging in melee, and we could certainly benefit from the cover offered by the walls. We can easily be outmanoeuvred as they are much faster, but we mostly have a range advantage.

SunGold

First Post
I'm of a mind to back towards the homestead, while shooting at the boss goblin. I can't see them obliging us by engaging in melee, and we could certainly benefit from the cover offered by the walls. We can easily be outmanoeuvred as they are much faster, but we mostly have a range advantage.

Absolutely agree.

eayres33

Explorer

Isn't the gate blocked with some junk on fire. I thought I read that, could be making it up. If we can get in, I'm all for retreating back to the homestead, but I'd rather not take arrows in the back as I'm trying to climb the walls.

SunGold

First Post
It just occurred to me that even if it isn't blocked, there may be a problem with this plan.

Hunter moved 30 ft away from the gate this turn, leaving him 130 ft (3 turns w/ dashing) from the gate. Those wolves can move 100 ft/turn. So even if the Hiddells open the gate for us, we won't be the only ones getting in.

Thateous

Explorer
Please allow my genius to sink in for a moment #sarcasm retreating toward the homestead is a wise move, but not to get in, oh no no no. We retreat closer so the Hiddel's can provide support fire. Remember they shot an arrow earlier but the goblins were out of range.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

TallIan

Explorer
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION], I forgot about the burning junk, well I guess that dampens that side of the plan, but as [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION] suggests we'll have some support from the Hiddels.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads