• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Its just over two days travel just to the northern part of the woods and the forest is pretty spread out... Over all it is some two hundred miles long and about sixty miles wide at its wildest. Once it was much larger but it was logged, at least on the fringes for a few hundred years but then abandoned all together about twenty years ago. The forest is sort of split into three regions the northwood, the centerwood and southwood, with the northern border running along the Makrono River and the southern by the Shield Wall Mountains and the Starfall Marshes.

You probably will be spending a few weeks within it... IF you want to do a proper exploration.

GreenKarl

First Post
It should also be notes that it is not one big forest but that the three section are actually separated by hilly grasslands. Once it was all one big forest but the woodcutters chopped it back a lot. The three 'woods' are still fairly large each and thick old growth forest

SunGold

First Post
Are you guys carrying rations or planning on hunting?

I currently have 10 days of rations (from the explorer's pack). I was thinking of buying 4 more days' worth, so enough for rwo weeks total, and then hunting/foraging as necessary for the rest.

What do you guys think?

TallIan

Explorer
I 'm contemplating more of a well supplied expedition. None of us have survival, though some have good WIS, so hunting may prove problematic.

I was also going to enquire about hirelings, as none of my retainers would have that sort of skill.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

SunGold

First Post
I'd like to be more well-stocked, but Shara's useless noodle-arms can't carry any more.

Are we paying attention to carrying capacity, GreenKarl?

GreenKarl

First Post
I normally don't care to much BUT if you are planning on carrying a lot of food and camping gear we might have to. Another option would be to get a small cart and maybe a mule (8gp for the mule, 15gp for a cart) and then get extra food, tents, etc.

SunGold

First Post
What would it cost to just hire some (ideally good-looking :D) idiot in town to carry my stuff? No skills required beyond holding things.

If I want to carry rations for 31 days, I'll need someone to carry 38 lbs of stuff.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I bought a mule and 30 days worth of rations, (15 days for the mule feed), I can't figure out what the capacity of a mule with a cart is though, so I didn't buy one. I do have at least enough space for 38 lbs. of stuff. Actually I added a cart, it can carry like 2,100 lbs so people can just pile on basic extra weight.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads