• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Fall of Manlich and Horrible affairs that come after

Logos7

First Post
The Ghoul's Surge Forward as Djiminik attempts to hold the door.

Ghoul Bullrush 18, Shift
Ghoul Bullrush Natural 20 total 28, Djiminik is pushed back 1 square, Shift to side
Ghoul Bullrush 21, Shift
Ghoul Bullrush 18, Shift
Ghoul Bullrush 24 Djiminikis Pushed Back 1 square, Shift

Ghoul Opens Center Door and Rushes in, Charges Kral 28 for 6 Damage Kral is Immobilized
Ghoul Rushes in, Charges Kral 26 for 6 Damage and Kral is Immobilized
Ghoul Rushes in, Charges Kral 20 Misses
Ghoul Rushes in. Charges Indulgence 20 Misses
Ghoul Rushes in. Changes Indulgence 19 Misses

The Scene:

The 50 by 60 Room has 8 Ghouls in it now, the slim minority (3) clustered around a pushed and tussled Djiminik (who is nearly flanked ) with more on the other side of the door and the others are clustered arround Kral (3) and Indulgence (2). Kral has surcombed to the power of Ghoul Paralyses and wont be moving anywhere soon. (Save Ends). The other characters are further back towards the stairs up.

There are a few more ghouls on the other side of the Door, also you hear a large heavy sound like Iron Bending and Canvas Ripping.

Initiative: Ghouls 20 (Finished), Djiminik 15 ,Kral 14, Indulgence 13, Armil 12

Also 00C, I need character sheets from anyone who hasn't posted one in the rogue gallery, If you don't role initiative for this battle and have a character up by the end of it, your not playing this game....

Last edited:

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Djiminick shifts into better position and then challenges the ghouls to try him on for size. As soon as they close with him he slams his battleaxe into their heads.

He then continues to spin and cut at all enemies who get too close.

[sblock=actions] Step 1 (move): I use my move to shift so that there is either a ghoul or an empty space in every square around me if possible and so there are as many ghouls within 3 squares of my new position as possible.

Step 2 (standard): I then use Come and Get It to pull (as per errata) all ghouls within burst 3, 2 squares and end adjacent to me (hopefully surrounding myself). I then get to attack all the ghouls adjacent to me (up to 8 attacks) Attack 1: 28; Attack 2: 20; Attack 3: 27, Attack 4: 32, Attack 5: 23, Attack 6: 33 (Crit/[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1696911/]21 damage), Attack 7: 18, Attack 8: 29 (All non crits: 15 damage)[/url]; Either way, all ghouls attacked in this manner are marked.

Step 4 (Minor) I then use my minor action to fall into my Rain of Steel stance, dealing 1d10 damage to each enemy who begins his turn adjacent to me. Enemy 1=10, Enemy 2=8, Enemy 3=3, Enemy 4=7, Enemy 5=8, Enemy 6=10, Enemy 7=2, Enemy 8=2). Then I'm done.

Ignore all damage rolls on my Invisible Castle pages after the first. I forgot that damage is rolled once and attacks are rolled many times.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Logos7

First Post
Sorry Didn't see you Walking Dad (didn't realize 2nd page had been reached) and you go after armil

Will post more after a few more people have posted actions

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Aramil dances around the group of ghouls, attempting to come as close to flanking position on them as possible. He ducks and dodges, lunging in a lightning quick (although not very accurate) strike.

[sblock=actions]

I assumed that I couldn't flank any. If I can, then please let me know so I can add the added damage. Not that it matters, I'm not even sure I hit the dang thing :)
Sly Flourish attack on nearest ghoul (1d20+15=18)

Sly Flourish damage (1d8+12=19)

[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
OOC:

So the distance between the players is not clear to me. Are either Krai or Djiminik adjacent to Indulgence? Would either of them be with a shift (as opposed to a move)? Are any of them within 6 squares (if Indulgence is willing to take Opportunity attacks)?

Is it possible to know the results of earlier attacks before our characters move? Or would you prefer a move from Indulgence before these results are known?

Sorry -- first combat; I've not yet hit the rhythm. Thanks, Logos7

KS

Walking Dad

First Post
As Terminus takes some steps, shadows start to obscure his form.
"To hell were you belong, undead creature!" he curses the nearest creature before unleashing an blast of hellish fire.

[sblock=ooc]Move 3 squares if possible without danger.
curse nearest ghoul
Hellish Rebuke (to hit, damage, curse) (1d20+11=28, 1d6+7=10, 1d6=1)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Terminus
Perception: 16 Insight: 21 Low-light Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 21 Reflex 20 Will 19
Hit Points: 72 / 72 Bloodied: 36
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 11 / 11
Encounter Powers: Howl of Doom, Fiery Bolt, Diabolic Grasp, Ethereal Stride
Daily Powers: Summons of Khirad, Hunger of Hadar, Armor of Agathys, Shroud of Black Steel

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Logos7

First Post
Okay a few issues in the sblock and then combat stuff out here
[sblock]
Due to this being an abstraction, and me not being particularly enamoured with my options for representing Mini's for a Pbp, Your not going to have all the info that you would normally have. If someone can find me a free option to represent rooms and distances that doesn't involve me editing images on a regular basis or hosting a server, feel free to suggest something but no promises from me.

To help with this, I'm going to start ranging things out in my posts in combat. I'm going to describe the distances in a roundabout way. In addition to this, I want people to presume that if they spend a move action moving on the turn that they can end in a flank without any oppurtunity attacks unless they are moving directly away from a monster they adjacent too. That's a little dense but it goes like this. If your not in combat and can move, presume you get the flank if you attack a creature that other's are attack. If you are in combat (ie adjacent to a monsters) unless you have a trick or spend both a standard and a move action (one to shift one to move) you will get an oppurtunity attack.

Also, I'm going to ask that it's One Post for One Character for One Round. Its not always ideal (indulgence should know if and how she did damage before she has to move) but for a pbp it would literally double the amounts of posts i have to deal with, and the slowing of the game as people wait for posts back from me. So if you have plan please put it all into one post. If it depends on something else happening (dropping a creature, provoking or making an attack of oppurtunity) please use IF THEN statements (and captilize them if you could , helps me spot them )

I'm not ranting but i want to get 4th combat on pbp running smoothly, and to do that its going to require a bit more trust in the gm and a bit more trust from the gm but i Think it will work.

Also if everyone could do up a ministat block the way walking dad has and post it EITHER TO THE ROGUES GALLERY (with your character in its full writeup in spoilers ) or with your posts in spoilers would be appreciated

Two Other Points->

Make sure you mention what defence you are attacking, It wont matter all the time but it will sometimes and will save me from having to look stuff up

Second-> Make sure you have your basic attack of preference listed in your character sheet complete with its attack bonus, the defence it targets and the damage it does, Also if you could list your attack bonuses for your indivudual attack powers it would be handy. I will be automating this to some extent so its helpful to me [/sblock]

Distance Chart: No One is Adjacent to an Ally, Indulgence is adjacent to 2 ghouls, Kral is adjacent to 3 ghouls, Djiminik is adjacent to the doorway and 2 ghouls, Armil is Flanking with Kral, Kral, Indulgence , Djiminik, and Armil, are all with 6 squares of each other, Terminous is at the range of his blast (10 squares right)

Djiminik rips into the Ghoul Horde dispatching three of them soundly before moving into the rain of steel stance.

Kral frozen wtih fear and immobilized half heartedly stabs one of the ghouls, Natural One, Missing wildly,

Indulgence strikes out bewildered by these ghouls, missing barely

Armil attempts to flank with Kral until Kral is back on his feet, Missing barely

Terminus attacks with Curses and Hellfire killing one of the ghouls that were arround Indulgence handily

Kral fails his save vs Immobilization

The Ghouls Attack
Ghoul begins their turn next to Djiminik and Dies
Ghoul begins their turn next to Dhiminik and Dies
Ghoul Shifts and Waits
Ghoul Shfits and Flanks Kral, Attacking in Tandem AC 35 for 6 damage, AC 30 for 6 damage + immobilization
Ghoul Shifts and Attacks Armil AC 32 for 6 damage + Immobilization
Ghoul Attacks Indulgence for AC 18 for 6 damage + Immobilization

The Loud Yelling Sound Ends as 5 More Ghouls come Running into the Room and hot on their trails the wall buckles and bends showering stone everywhere as a Giant breaks down the wall and thunders into the room.

The Hillgiant shakes off the dirt, and Hurls a Rock at the creature furthest Back (Terminus) Natural 20 for 17 Damage

next=> Djiminik, Kral, Indulgence, Armil, Terminus

Also for those of you who may be immobilized => Immobilized only prevents you from leaving the square your in, you still get all your attacks and actions they just have to be used from the square your in. Also save ends (roll a d20 on the end of your turn if 10 or 0ver you save)

Logos

Remove ads