• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Four Lands - The Great North Part 2

J. Alexander

First Post
Night Battel

"I am on my own side..but will defend what is mine" de Sion replies then adds "Let's just say that for now we have common interests like you and the children of the light" as he finishes speaking he produces a very intricate looking black and silver dagger that exudes a heavy trace of dark arcane magic.
s

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian Tolgar

Jaroth, a moment please?

Delilah is fast horse augmented with some magic for faster movement. No normal animal will overtake her if she takes flight. If things go poorly take her out and go with The Book. If you want, I'll send Arrwuh with you too.

Dropping his voice to whisper:
If you have to run further you can talk to her, she is awakened. She cannot speak, but understands us.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Vorian Tolgar

Arrwuh! Come here boy!

Dropping to one knee, Vorian ruffles big hounds ears while mumbling something to the dog.

In elven:
Go tell Delilah to take Jaroth to safety if he comes to her. And then return. Keep Jaroth and the Book safe. If he falls, try to get the Book and bring it back to me. Otherwise follow whoever takes it and try to take it yourself or come to me.

There will be evil magic flying around. Keep your eyes open for any invisibles.

Scotley

Hero
Rhun said:
"Out of the frying pan and into the fire, eh?" says Vadric, clapping Bertrand on the back.

"Yes my friend, but I tell you true. This fire I understand, while I was out of my depth back in the frying pan. I shall roast some goat and bull in this fire tonight." His bow practically leaps into his hand. "Rendee, make sure our people are ready for trouble." He looks around to make sure Chaucer is at his side. "Alright, its seems these Drakar have a taste for literature. I see no reason to let them slay these poor castaways before we are forced to deal with them. We might as well go and greet them."

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

[ooc: so....much....happening...]

Jaroth raises an eyebrow as Vorian speaks, and nods once.

Catching DeSion's words and seeing the dagger emerge, Jaroth turns his attention to the group.

"I will approach each of you in turn and give you an opportunity to accept my spell as I touch your forehead. It will grant you a modicum of protection against the missiles of our foes. Except for the largest and most heftily thrown of missiles, our enemies arrows and javelins will be unable to penetrate your skin."

Jaroth then approaches each person in the group, including Silverwood, Lady Vera and DeSion, saving DeSion for last.

[ooc: Jaroth is casting protection from arrows. It will last 120 minutes. One person per casting. So, once everyone sounds off, I will know how many 2d level spells I've used.]

[sblock=For DM] As he approaches DeSion, Jaroth whispers in his ear, stating more than asking. "It was your family that protected the Book before the spirit was corrupted."

Jaroth stares deeply into DeSion's eyes awaiting a response.

If no response, Jaroth continues. "We have been touched by the spirit's corruption and evil, you and I. If, in your heart and soul after peeling away the layers of deception and lure of power it promises, you take issue with my keeping the book safe, I will relinquish it to you." [/sblock]

Last edited:

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

[sblock=For DM] Jaroth stares at DeSion a moment. "I am not your judge or jury. Nor am I your spiritual advisor. I come to you as a mere mortal man. Do you wish to see the spirit within redeemed or do you accept its corruption?" [/sblock]

J. Alexander

First Post
Night Battel

For Jaroth
[sblock]"What will be will be,,,it is for fate to decide which way the coin turns..as you are I am neutral and indifferent to the outcome.......as long as the book is protected[/sblock]

Dracomeander

First Post
"Well. Looks like we have a rather unpleasant greeting company here. Maybe a little music will help offset the stench from our new arrivals."

Finnian nods at Jaroth's question as he begins the opening stanzas of a rousing battle song.

"David walked into the valley
With a stone clutched in his hand
He was only a boy
But he knew someone must take a stand

There will always be a valley
Always mountains one must scale
There will always be perilous waters
Which someone must sail

Into valleys, into waters
Into jungles, into hell
Let us ride, let us ride home again with a story to tell
Into darkness, into danger
Into storms that rip the night
Don't give in, don't give up
But give thanks for the glorious fight"

[sblock=OOC]After one round, all allies within hearing will receive a +2 morale bonus to attacks, damage, and saves versus fear.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Canaan

First Post
Jaroth

[sblock=For DM] "Let us hope that our combined strength and power will be enough." [/sblock]

Jaroth turns from DeSion and assesses the others.

Turning his attention to the approaching army of Drakar and assorted smelly things, Jaroth tries to get a sense for the distance between them.

[ooc: spells still in effect: mage armor, greater (extended) (24 hours - time passed since sunrise), protection from arrows (120 minutes). I don't recall if he cast any other spells earlier.]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads