• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"The Raven will be the familiar of the Wizard girl we saw at the tavern. It is likely scouting for hidden ambushes. No doubt there are members of both House Cannith and the adventuring group waiting here for the transaction, in order not to lose the advantage. We need to attack swiftly in order not to lose our chance, as if we wait too long, an enemy might get away with the crystal."

Someone

Adventurer
You keep hidden, watching. After a while the shifter from the adventuring group appears walking (from the northern part of the map) and stops at the beginning of the central pier. He doesn't have to wait for long, as Ceshil arrives shortly after with two of the swordmen that were with him yesterday. They start speaking, though out of arms reach - it's evident they don't trust each other.

The shifter doesn't show the crystal, nor is Ceshil or his men carrying anything out of the ordinary. They just speak for a few seconds.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: How far are we from this? It is worth considering that Ceshil has an Expeditious Retreat if he needs it--we don't want to be forced to chase Ceshil again if he gets the crystal. The first time was sort of fun, but a second time will start getting annoying :lol: At least if it happens again, this time Stulgar will have 80' move for a while)

Manzanita

First Post
Raven tries to look busy doing other things. "I see Ceshil. He's talking to a shifter. About 50 feet away, but with lots of stuff in between us. I don't see that either has the crystal or any treasure to trade. Hang tight, but get ready everyone!"

inky

First Post
Niccolo - male human swashbuckler

Niccolo stretches cramped muscles as best he can, and then loads his crossbow. "Not sure exactly who I should be shooting at," he mutters, "But I'm sure it's going to be somebody."

Someone

Adventurer
The shifter and Ceshil stop talking and go their way: Raven is sure they never exchanged anything. Ceshil goes north and out of sight, while the shifter jumps towards the western pier, and also goes north.

Just a couple minutes later the full group of four adventurers appear at the northwestern part of the map and advence on the wester pier towards a small boat (which I forgot to paste there). Cehsil and his two men do the same, this time at the eastern pier.

As you wonder what's going on, a loud whistle sounds from somewhere. Several, (or maybe "a lot of" would be a better description) people suddendly abandon their jobs and draw hidden weapons, mainly slender and maces. Raven can see how those nearby also drink potions.

(I'll post an updated map as soon I can. Meanwhile it's time to roll for initiative)

Remove ads