• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Great Sidekick Showdown! Nominate Here

Wolf72

Explorer
103. Dynomutt, Dog Wonder ... Blue Falcon's bionic dog sidekick ...

Attachments

• dynomutt.gif
    dynomutt.gif
    11.1 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Tauric

First Post
Okay, so the numbering seems off, but here's a few more.

(since we're not counting Jesus as 103)

104. Wiglaf, the only one of Beowulf's men who did not flee the dragon (Seamus Heaney translation).

105. Fallout Boy, sidekick to Radioactive Man

106. Milhouse van Houten, sidekick to Bart Simpson (seriously, do I need to post a bio for these last two?)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
107. Adric

A brilliant mathematician from the planet Alzarius in E-Space, Adric accompanied the Doctor and Romana on many of their adventures in that parallel universe. He remained with the Doctor when the Time Lord returned to the regular universe, and was his companion for many adventures, even through the Doctor's 4th regeneration. Ultimately, he met his fate while unsuccessfully attempting to stop a cyberman ship from crashing into the Earth, an event that may have precipitated the advent of mammals rise to dominance on that planet.

(Hmm... some of the info I was looking up about Adric indicates that he was one of the most disliked companions? Odd- he's my favorite...)

108. Rose Tyler

Rose Tyler is the newest companion to the latest regeneration of the Doctor. From Earth, she has accompanied him on several adventures through space and time, and another regeneration. Singularly among all the creatures in the universe, she has managed to touch the heart of a Dalek. Time will only tell what fate has in store for this plucky young woman.

108. Captain Jack Harkness

One of the ninth Doctor's companions, Jack Harkness is also a time traveller (though not a Gallifreyan Time Lord)- a former Time Agent turned con-man. Having met the Doctor and Rose during WWII, he remained with them for several adventures, and has the distinction of being the first companion to kiss any incarnation of the Doctor on the lips! He is missing several years' worth of memories, which may or may not have anything to do with the mysterious Time Wars that took place between the Time Lords of Gallifrey and the Daleks.

Last edited:

DonTadow

First Post
110 Xander- (Buffy Universe) Buffy's powerless/magicless sidekick.
111 Gun - (Buffy Verse) Sidekick and strongarm to Angel.
112 Chloe- (Smallville) Smallville's high ace reporter whom knows clark's secret but sticks by him through his lies.
113 Worf- (Star Trek Universe) Security cheif to both Sisko and PIcard, he never lost himself while serving the Federation.

15 more to go

merztrumpet

First Post
Romanadvoratrelundar "Romana" II

RomanaI-4.jpg

Romana joined her fellow Time Lord, the Doctor, to track down the scattered segments of the Key To Time. After finishing their mission, Romana regenerated, apparently on a whim, and in the form of Atrios's Princess Astra!

The new Romana was more independent and self-assured, but was still not above teasing the Doctor with her superior knowledge. After a series of adventures, including a trip to the Daleks' home planet, Skaro, the TARDIS travelled into Exo-Space, where Romana was infected by the Marsh Spiders on the planet Alzarius.

Shortly afterwards Romana decided to stay in Exo-Space, with K9, to help the Tharils free themselves from slavery. [BBC Companion Guide]

merztrumpet

First Post
Leela

Leela.jpg

The rebellious Leela was a member of the warrior Sevateem tribe. She had just been exiled for heresy when she met the Doctor, who closely resembled the tribe's god, Xoanon.

Leela forced her way into the TARDIS, and quickly became a loyal ally, who was usually quite capable of looking after herself, (although the Doctor strongly disapproved of her use of poisonous Janus thorns).

During her travels Leela struggled with concepts and technology beyond her comprehension, but was inquisitive and keen to learn. After the Sontarans' attempt to invade the Doctor's home planet, Leela decided to remain there with Commander Andred. [BBC Companion Guide]

Mad Hatter

First Post
117. Brock Samson (The Venture Bros.)

Biography: This guy does it all. He protects the hides of Dr. Venutre and his messed up sons. He does this with style and a kick ace attitude.

DonTadow

First Post
118. U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Albert "Al" Calavicci / The Observer (quantum leap)- Sam Becket's observor and best friend Al, who uses his master computer ziggy to aid Sam.

119. Grimace (Mcdonalds)- Sidekick to Ronald Mcdonald.

120. Brack (Space Ghost) - Space Ghosts bumbling sidekick

121 Tony (24)- Tony is Jacks's most trusted ally and has taken a bullet and lost his job for the agent.

Ok we got 7 left. Lets close it out.

merztrumpet

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
(Hmm... some of the info I was looking up about Adric indicates that he was one of the most disliked companions? Odd- he's my favorite...)
From what I've gathered, most people who aren't fond of him are irritated by his consistant practice of whining, getting captured and then waiting for the Doctor to rescue him. He doesn't really bother me too much.

Remove ads