The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion risks the attack of the demonling channeling his power so close to it, but the urgency of closing the big portal is increasing as his companions fail to affect it in any obvious way.

Blasting the demon back into abbyss that spawned it, he closes in on the big portal.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor and Standard: Chaos bolt vs demonling will; psychic damage; bluff check (1d20+7+2=20, 1d10+10+3=16, 1d20+13=31) - used changeling trick to get CA - Illarion gains +1 AC TENT - provokes OA from demonling
Move: D13

OOC: you know, it should be 50/50 when the chaos bolt bounces off and yet, I've had it bounce only once until now :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=Illarion Meriele]
NOTE: +1 AC TENT
SPECIAL: resist 5 psychic; if 1st attack in the round is even gain +1 AC; odd - make a saving throw
On nat 20: slide the target 1 square and knock it prone
On nat 1 MUST push all within 5 squares 1 square

AC: 14 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 19
HP: 34/34 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8

FEATS
Level 1: Shadow Initiate
Level 2: Grasping Magpies

POWERS

Chaos Bolt
Blazing Starfall
Assassin's Shroud
Changeling Disguise

Changeling Trick
Mists of Disarray
Ice Dragon Teeth

Grounding Rebuke
Good Timing

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The Hunted: Demons Rifts, Round 4

Mab manipulates one of the smaller portals and it crackles and roars as it swirls shut, reality shimmering where it once was.

Devinihm tears apart the demonling attacking him, then moves to the other nearby, hoping to draw its attention. Xander, meanwhile, circles around after the group,

---

When Earth hits the demon, the beast flies into a rage and the smaller demons seem to grow more excited and agitated.

The Demonling Illarion is attacking clomps onto his arm a second before the sorcerer blows it apart.

The big demon roars in rage and claws at Earth to little noticeable effect. The demonling does likewise against Devinihm.

[sblock=Player actions]Devinihm
Standard: Savage Rend: 1d20+7=25 Reflex vs Demonling 6, hit, dead.
Move: Move to O21.

Xander
Move: Move to F11.
Standard: Astral Seal: 1d20+9=19 Reflex vs Horned Demon 1, hit, -2 Defenses and next ally to hit it heals 5 hp.[/sblock]

GM: Earth's form does 4 thunder damage to the Demon each turn. Of course, the first time this happened, the Demon's Variable resist would have triggered so it's a wash.

[sblock=Arcana DC 20, minor action]The smaller rifts are fairly unstable. If someone could get adjacent to one they could close it with a Standard Action DC 20 Arcana check. The larger rift looks more more stable, it will take 5 Standard Action DC 20 Arcana checks to close, though these attempts may be made from up to 3 squares away.[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]Horned Demon 1: Dangerous Foe(when hit by Earth): Spined Fist: 12 AC vs Earth, miss. Demon Rage(when bloodied): A Demons in the aura do +1d6 damage if two or more are adjacent to the target. The Horned Demon gains +2 to attack and damage. Spined Fist(+2 Demon Rage): 16 AC vs Earth, miss, Earth takes 5 ongoing damage and the Horned Demon takes 5 damage.

Hunter Demonling 7: Claws: 12 AC vs Devinihm, miss.

Small Rift 3: Hunter Demonlings 8 and 9 appear adjacent.
Large Rift
: Horned Demon 2 visible. Will emerge in 1 round.[/sblock]

[sblock=Combatants]Earth: J12, 3 THP, 5 ongoing damage(save ends), Form of the Mountain's Thunder
Xander: F11
Mab: E13, Stealth 36
*Hand of Salzacas: G20
Devinihm: O21, 1 THP, 5 damage taken, DR4
Illarion: D13, 6 damage taken, +1 AC
Raijin: C11, 5 damage taken

Horned Demon 1: H12-I13, 104 damage taken, bloodied, -2 defenses, marked(Earth), next PC to hit heals 5 hp, 2 shrouds(Illarion)
Horned Demon: ?? Max HP, 17 AC, 18 Fort, ?? Ref, 17 Will, Resist 10 Thunder. MBA: Spined Strike: +8 vs AC, 2d10+3 damage, miss: 5 ongoing damage(save ends) and the Horned Demon takes 5 damage. Demon Rage(Aura 5): Demons in the aura deal +1 damage per demon adjacent to the target they are attacking and +1d6 if two-or-more demons are adjacent to the target and the Horned Demon gains +2 to attack and damage. Dangerous Foe(Immediate Reaction, when hit by a melee or close attack): The Horned Demon makes an MBA against the target.

Hunter Demonling 7: N21
Hunter Demonling 8: L2
Hunter Demonling 9: M2
Hunter Demonling: ?? Max HP, ?? AC, 15 Fort, 16 Ref, 14 Will. MBA: Claws: +8 vs AC, 5 damage. Elemental Reflection(Free, when takes acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage from a target within 5 squares): Deal 5 of the same type of damage to the attacker.
Hunter Demonlings destroyed: 6

Spinetail Demonling: Minion, 17 AC, ?? Fort, ?? Ref, ?? Will, ?? Resist, ?? Vulnerability. MBA: ??
Spinetail Demonlings destroyed: 1

Large Rift: A14-B15, Horned Demon 2 emerges in 1 round.
Small Rift 1: A7(4 squares up on cliff)
Small Rift 3: O22
Small Rift 4: M1
Small Rifts closed: 1[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]The smaller rocks in the middle and sides of the battlefield require a DC 15 Athletics check or are considered difficult terrain that costs 3 squares of movement to traverse instead of 2. It provides cover.

The cliffs (A1-E8) require DC 18 Athletics(Climb) checks to ascend.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Demon Rifts Round 4.jpg
    Demon Rifts Round 4.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 54

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth begins his rutine again, rising his hammer and letting it sink into the demon. This time, the hammer hits it hard in it's leg, rendering it slower. "Your resistance is impressive, but the outcome of this encounter has already been destined. Your fall is inevitable."

OOC: Add 4 more to the damage if he changed his resistance to lightning.

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: My chances of getting Arcana 20 is only 30% (I need 15+) and we cannot make five successes since there are two 19s...it would require Auntie Mab success and Raijin and Illarion both making both rolls. I suggest we do what we can to help Earth kill the large demon and then dance around wasting standards on closing it. With 5, 7 and 8 we're short on arcane department.

[MENTION=60965]Iron Sky[/MENTION], would aiding in such endeavor be still minor action or Illarion would have to use standards to aid? I'm thinking on dropping minions ASAP and helping Earth with the big one while Raijin and Mab work on the portal (with aid).

[MENTION=55230]DMDanW[/MENTION], Xander has +6 he could aid also so we get two rolls at +9 and +10 rather then 5,6,7,8

Illarion focuses on the movements of elderly lady which closed at least one door.
"Try to match the speed of your movements with that of the portal and once you get synchronized, pull the magic apart!"

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Arcana to aid (1d20+5=18)
Standard: Chaos bolt vs Horned demon Will; psychic damage; shrouds (1d20+7=10, 1d10+10+3=22, 2d6=5) - the rolls are still plaguing me :( - demon takes 2 damage from the shrouds (and possibly 3 from the ship boon if that counts)
Move: E12
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin sees the efforts of his allies and refocuses on the portal. He closes his eyes for a second and then reopens them. We cannot close it in time. I will take to the higher ground. The sorcerer again tries to climb the rocks, this time succeeding in reaching one of the smaller portals. He pulls out his second staff.

OOC: Standard: Arcana to close large portal
Move: Walk to B10 (3 squares) climb to B9 (2 squares) walk to A8
Minor: Draw second staff

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
It's no good dearies! The real magic is beyond me. Where's Luran when I need him?, thinks Auntie Mab sitting in her hiding place, straining and sweating with the effort of trying to command the large portal.

You're better at this than me, go close another one of those thingies!,
the old woman casts her thoughts out to the disembodied hand, sending it careening toward another of the smaller portals

[sblock=Auntie Mab actions and stats]Minor = Sustain Prison of Salzacas

Standard = [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2923881/]Arcana vs. large portal (1d20+8+2=18)[/url]

Move = Mab remains hidden, Hand moves to N22

[sblock=statblock]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue 4
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18, Init: +6
AC: 20, Fort: 16, Reflex: 20, Will: 17
Speed: 6
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge Value: 10, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +6 vs AC, 1d4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +11 vs AC, 1d4+5 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 5/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish, Fast Hands
Eyebite, Shadow Strike, Fleeting Spirit Strike
Twilight Menace
Prison of Salzacas, Cloak of Resistance
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 20, Fort: 16, Ref: 20, Will: 17
Skills: +17 Thievery, +21 Stealth

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
would aiding in such endeavor be still minor action or Illarion would have to use standards to aid? I'm thinking on dropping minions ASAP and helping Earth with the big one while Raijin and Mab work on the portal (with aid).

GM: I'll allow minor-action aid-anothers. Just remember Aid DC is 10+1/2 your level(round down), success +2, fail -1 to the main roller's check.

Neurotic

"Persist, Auntie Mab, together we can do it. I'll help you, like I did at the vault, but we need to let the big one pass first. Stay in hiding."

OOC: DMDanW mentioned in the game he DMs that he's very to extremely busy at the moment.

DMDanW

First Post
Clutching his Holy Symbol tightly, Xander points his hand towards the large Demon. As he speaks his eyes begin to glow "You shall feel the wrath of Maros foul beast", and as he finishes the glow in his eyes vanishes and appears around the large beast.

He then moves over towards the others. "Need a hand" he asks.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Standard Action = Bane vs Large Demon; 1d20+7=26 vs Will. If it hits the Demon takes a -4 penalty to all defenses and attack roll until the end of Xanders next turn.
Move Action = Move towards the large portal
Minor Action = Aid another; 1d20+6=25
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

OOC: Apologies. I picked up a nasty chest cold during my trip, which has made focusing a real challenge. Trying to catch up now.

The writhing swarm that is Devinihm burrows through the form of the final demonling close to him, then moves with all speed to try to catch up to the others.

[sblock=actions]Savage Rend attack; damage (1d20+7=16, 1d8+6=11)

Move to I 19[/sblock]

[sblock=resources used]Encounter: Flowing Swarm [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases