The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
My wife and I were trying to decide what to watch the other day. We saw The Witcher in the Netflix queue. "Oh look, they made a second season of 'Broody Special-Man and Earworm the Bard'," my wife said. I have been chuckling about it ever since.

One thing I fail to understand is why some shows succeed, and others don't.

For example, I remembered recently about the show, Into the Badlands (originally on AMC, now on Netflix). That's a pretty good show! Or others, like The Patriot (Amazon Prime) or Counterpart (also Amazon Prime) which are also really good and, seemingly, no one has heard of.

Or just oddities- Comrade Detective is the most fun, weird, and truly bizarre thing ever to be made. It's like a fever dream mashup of an Adult Swim bit along with 80s nostalgia played straight, yet, again, no one I know has ever heard of it, and I occasionally have to look it up on Wikipedia just to assure myself that I didn't imagine it (kinda like Wonder Showzen...).

There is just such a quantity of amazing television right now, it is shocking how much falls through the cracks.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
One thing I fail to understand is why some shows succeed, and others don't.
I know right?
For example, I remembered recently about the show, Into the Badlands (originally on AMC, now on Netflix). That's a pretty good show!
Oh wait we are talking about different things...
Or others, like The Patriot (Amazon Prime) or Counterpart (also Amazon Prime) which are also really good and, seemingly, no one has heard of.
Im back with you now.
Or just oddities- Comrade Detective is the most fun, weird, and truly bizarre thing ever to be made. It's like a fever dream mashup of an Adult Swim bit along with 80s nostalgia played straight, yet, again, no one I know has ever heard of it, and I occasionally have to look it up on Wikipedia just to assure myself that I didn't imagine it (kinda like Wonder Showzen...).
Not seen it. Ill take a look.
There is just such a quantity of amazing television right now, it is shocking how much falls through the cracks.
The landscape is different with streaming. I think they are still figuring it out. A lot of bad TV seems to be hanging around again while good stuff gets the axe. Which is a shame.

Oh and that mediocre Yellowstone is getting like 5+ spinoffs...

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/they)
Exploitative reality television helps some people feel better about themselves. It's toxic, but it's true.

The proper ranking is Sisco > Picard > Janeway > Kirk

Return of the Jedi is a very good Star Wars movie and one of my favorites, though that's largely nostalgia and deep and unabating love of classic trilogy starships. That said, people who rank it below Revenge of the Sith are replicants and should be promptly retired*

*Alternate dialogue: "...are Cylons and should be promptly airlocked"

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Holy cats. I have no idea how that wasn't a personal insult. I usually don't have a problem with reporting things (probably too often); I wonder if my inability to click report on this one is related to bystander syndrome.

I also note I have no problem posting in this thread a lot. Maybe need to cut back.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Holy cats. I have no idea how that wasn't a personal insult. I usually don't have a problem with reporting things (probably too often), and so I wonder if my inability to click report on this one is related to bystander syndrome.

I also note I have no problem posting in this thread a lot. Maybe need to cut back.
I dunno, I'm finding rhe goofy outlet valve helpful, so I don't worry too much about adding to the nuttiness here.

Then, I seem to let my mouth run off anyhow, so there you go.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I dunno, I'm finding rhe goofy outlet valve helpful, so I don't worry too much about adding to the nuttiness here.

Then, I seem to let my mouth run off anyhow, so there you go.

Everything, O Parmandur, is burning.

The threads are burning, all the comments are burning, your thoughts are burning. They are burning with the fire of the reply. There is anger, and there is ignorance, there is hatred, and as long as the fire finds flammable comments of others upon which it can feed, so long will it burn, and there will be birth of new threads and the death of thread locks, decay of topics, griefers, lamentations, suffering, despair, and ragequits.

You must divest yourself of passion and become free of the need to comment and to explain to people why they are wrong. Only then will you be delivered from the tyranny of the reply and attain the blessed state of Nirvana.

Otherwise, you are doomed to return again and again. Remember- all new commenters are just old commenters reborn. Such is the eternal wheel.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter

The threads are burning, all the comments are burning, your thoughts are burning. They are burning with the fire of the reply. There is anger, and there is ignorance, there is hatred, and as long as the fire finds flammable comments of others upon which it can feed, so long will it burn, and there will be birth of new threads and the death of thread locks, decay of topics, griefers, lamentations, suffering, despair, and ragequits.

You must divest yourself of passion and become free of the need to comment and to explain to people why they are wrong. Only the will be delivered from the tyranny of the reply and attain the blessed state of Nirvana.

Otherwise, you are doomed to return again and again. Remember- all new commenters are just old commenters reborn. Such is the eternal wheel.

Gladius Dei super terram, cito cum comment!

Parmandur

Book-Friend

You must divest yourself of passion and become free of the need to comment and to explain to people why they are wrong. Only the will be delivered from the tyranny of the reply and attain the blessed state of Nirvana.

Buuuut Iiiiiiim BooOoOOOOOOOoooreeed...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases