• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
If they didn't leave voluntarily despite their lack of enjoyment, they must have been getting something out of it.
Leaving a game can be difficult; inertia is a thing. Kicking them out is probably doing them a favor.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Can be. Probably doesn't feel like it, though.
I think you're right, that the GM kicking someone from their table probably doesn't think of it as doing that player a favor. I'm being amused by an attitude that comes across to me as, "They don't like playing at my table, well I'll show them."

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Kicking someone out of your game who's not enjoying your game is punishment ... how, exactly?

Area Man Passionate Defender Of What He Imagines Player Agency To Be

Look, if I don't have the right to play in games I hate and make like miserable for everyone around me, then it's obvious that you're not respecting my player agency! I demand the right to play in games I don't want to play in!

70qekf.jpg

Conversely-

Area Man Passionate Defender of Dungeon Master Empowerment

Look, if I don't have the right to tell MY stories through the players, then why am I bothering to spend time preparing stories anyway? I demand the right to kick all players out so I can play with myself!*

70qf60.jpg

*Is phrasing still a thing?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Whenever a thread comes up about player expectations, I always get the popcorn ready. You know some folks will march in declaring pre-Hickman Nintendo hard play to be the one true way of D&D. Then, in the next thread same folks are lamenting the fact that players dont play the game right anymore and they cant find anybody for their fantasy Saw RPG campaign.
Well, yeah. Some people like a challenging game, some don’t. Not everyone likes Elden Ring and Souls games. Roguelikes aren’t for everyone.

You get the same thing from the Hickman loyalists. D&D as semi-scripted tabletop theater sports is the only real and good way to play.

Neither is right. It’s all preferences. Pineapple on pizza or no.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Well, yeah. Some people like a challenging game, some don’t. Not everyone likes Elden Ring and Souls games. Roguelikes aren’t for everyone.

You get the same thing from the Hickman loyalists. D&D as semi-scripted tabletop theater sports is the only real and good way to play.

True, though I dont hear much complaining or grandstanding by Hickman loyalists. I think they are all too busy enjoying their games.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

I think it's time to go GALAXY BRAINED and break the logjam on this.

People who like real pizza without pineapple?
People who like.... ugh ... pizza with pineapple toppings?

We're going to bring them all together, and make them eat ....

Pizza-as-a-Pineapple-Topping-featured.jpg

That's right! Pineapple with a pizza topping. Sometime you have to think outside of the box. WAY outside of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads