• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
okay, so it walks like a god, talks like a god, has the powers of a god, but if I just say, "that's not a god, that's a powerfull outsider with godlike powers" people will not look at me like I'm completelly nuts in a D&D setting?

Well, yeah. Everyone knows that if it walks like a god, talks like a god, has the powers of a god, but is really just a powerful outsider with godlike powers ...

THEN YOU'RE TRAPPED IN AN EPISODE OF STAR TREK: TOS!

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
okay, so it walks like a god, talks like a god, has the powers of a god, but if I just say, "that's not a god, that's a powerfull outsider with godlike powers" people will not look at me like I'm completelly nuts in a D&D setting?

I mean, they're already accepting halflings as the world arm wrestling champion, that no one will buy your magic items for any price, that most non-adventurers can do fighting maneuvers/cast spells that fighters/wizards could never learn if they spent a lifetime trying, and that halflings are interesting, so it isn't that big of a leap, is it?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
With all love to Snarf, I find their style to be more "reply to a paragraph with a page."

Or "reply to a point with a pizza."
Excuse me, but that's my turf.
Tobias Funke Reaction GIF

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Every time I see the thread that says, "A Stereotypical Italian Campaign," I want to go in there and post the following:

That's-a spicy meatball!

To date, I have successfully battled the urge. Honestly, I don't dare open that thread, because what's in there can't possibly live up to my imagination.

Remove ads