The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Scribe

Legend
Had a guy on a Canadian motorcycle forum, that was attached to the online magazine I used to shoot for, who had two sock puppets. He'd get bored, then drunk, and argue with himself online.

99% sure I see that on a few of my other forums. One guy in particular I'm convinced is running 3 or 4 accounts just to troll himself and start fights.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Had a guy on a Canadian motorcycle forum, that was attached to the online magazine I used to shoot for, who had two sock puppets. He'd get bored, then drunk, and argue with himself online.
99% sure I see that on a few of my other forums. One guy in particular I'm convinced is running 3 or 4 accounts just to troll himself and start fights.
You see that a lot on reddit. But it’s more often people agreeing with themselves on multiple accounts. It’s hilarious when they forget to switch accounts and agree with themselves using the same account.

X. “Random idea.”

Reply from Also X. “What a good idea. I never thought of that before.”

Ryujin

Legend
You see that a lot on reddit. But it’s more often people agreeing with themselves on multiple accounts. It’s hilarious when they forget to switch accounts and agree with themselves using the same account.

X. “Random idea.”

Reply from Also X. “What a good idea. I never thought of that before.”
In this case it was an incredibly old messageboard app, that had threading in posts. It also displayed the user's IP address, for all to see. The only person that he was fooling, was himself.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
liam neeson GIF by Star Wars

Remove ads