The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'd seen before that you can still see the creation of a new thread by someone who has blocked you, and reply to it, but not see anything of theirs in it except the thread creation post.

This is the first time I've seen that you can see a person who has blocked you's icon and name on the right side of the community > new post page when they are the last post.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Speaking of that. I always wonder why there weren’t ships with a couple few warp cores. As spares and as a big big badda bomba?

Kinda like that jump ship attack from Star Wars.

We can speculate:
1) Effects that take down one warp core in a non-destructive way are apt to take down all warp cores a ship has.
2) If you have two, and run into something that will take down a warp core in a destructive way, you now have twice the chances of blowing up when you don't want to.
3) If you want to make a bigger matter-antimatter explosion purposefully, you can make a bigger photon torpedo and not have to sacrifice an entire crew in the process.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The Snarf doth protest too much, methinks.

I refuse to be tied by the surly bonds of apathy.

ce1f8e04b27cf6b6099f7d6e1b052f0e.gif

Ryujin

Legend
We can speculate:
1) Effects that take down one warp core in a non-destructive way are apt to take down all warp cores a ship has.
2) If you have two, and run into something that will take down a warp core in a destructive way, you now have twice the chances of blowing up when you don't want to.
3) If you want to make a bigger matter-antimatter explosion purposefully, you can make a bigger photon torpedo and not have to sacrifice an entire crew in the process.
4) Treaties against "weapons of mass destruction" (which is a weird thing, considering that even in TOS it was canon that a starship could lay waste to a whole planet anyway).

Remove ads