The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I imagine anxiety, fear of rejection, how something might be taken or just not having the right words at the right time, mean lots of people regretted thing that were not said.

Maybe you're talking about a different scale of regret. Because for the most part, we talk about pretending to be elves. The number of things of import here, that one can have what I'd consider significant regret about, are small.

Last edited:

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I am not (yet) so deluded as to believe that my words are in service to more that my own ego.
EGOTIST, n. A person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
Megaceph, chosen to serve the State
In the halls of legislative debate,
One day with all his credentials came
To the capitol's door and announced his name.
The doorkeeper looked, with a comical twist
Of the face, at the eminent egotist,
And said: "Go away, for we settle here
All manner of questions, knotty and queer,
And we cannot have, when the speaker demands
To be told how every member stands,
A man who to all things under the sky
Assents by eternally voting 'I'."
-- The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
"Because the government told them they had to learn magic."
POLITICIAN, n. An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared with the statesman, he suffers the disadvantage of being alive.
-- The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce-- The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce​

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
POLITICIAN, n. An eel in the fundamental mud upon which the superstructure of organized society is reared. When he wriggles he mistakes the agitation of his tail for the trembling of the edifice. As compared with the statesman, he suffers the disadvantage of being alive.
-- The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce-- The Devil's Dictionary, Ambrose Bierce​
I hope someone etches The Devil's Dictionary onto a big slab of basalt, so linguists 10,000 years from now will have a proper reference for translating modern English.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
giphy.gif

Remove ads