The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

What madness! :ROFLMAO:

I'm somewhat tempted to introduce this crazed haberdasher in my ToD campaign and have him spank the buttocks of one of the PCs in Waterdeep. As appointed champions (15th level) of the Council I'm wondering what the fall out will be...

I already have my excuse lined up...this prankster (perhaps a young male haberdasher's assistant) made a daring bet with some of his local clientele that he would "spank" a champion (randomly rolled) when he next got the opportunity in an effort to impress the ladies. Ofc the Spankor exclamation would be used, if he would be successful.

I know my table, they will ❤️ this ridiculousness, and even more so because it is based on actual history.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Naw, definitely a case calling for Vicious Mockery.
Im just having flash backs to a player I had that would try and murder anyone that even minorly inconvenienced his character. Eventually, I asked them about it and they just assumed I was setting up combats. Drunk bumps into his PC at a bar, "draw my sword..." Old lady walking by on path at night, "draw my sword..." Town simpleton has been possessed by an evil wizard, "draw my sword..." I guess when every problem is a nail, even if half the time its not even a problem...

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
IMG_7845.jpeg

Ryujin

Legend
Im just having flash backs to a player I had that would try and murder anyone that even minorly inconvenienced his character. Eventually, I asked them about it and they just assumed I was setting up combats. Drunk bumps into his PC at a bar, "draw my sword..." Old lady walking by on path at night, "draw my sword..." Town simpleton has been possessed by an evil wizard, "draw my sword..." I guess when every problem is a nail, even if half the time its not even a problem...
In my ancient 1e campaign that sort of behaviour changed when players discovered that the majority of barkeeps were, in fact, retired adventurers. And then there was the concept of actual law enforcement and, in extreme instances, the hiring of adventurers to bring PCs to justice for their crimes.

Thomas Shey

Legend
In my ancient 1e campaign that sort of behaviour changed when players discovered that the majority of barkeeps were, in fact, retired adventurers. And then there was the concept of actual law enforcement and, in extreme instances, the hiring of adventurers to bring PCs to justice for their crimes.

Of course in some cases, that'd just feed the narrative on the players' part that you were out to get them.

Remove ads