• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
But seriously, "The Books of Magic" mini-series written by Gaiman with art by Bolton, Hampton, Vess, and Johnson is spectacular if you want to see some magic users - even if you aren't a big DC comics fan.

1711332246430.png

"And Raguel, to whom has been entrusted the vengeance of the Lord."
---

"That's right. The boy's mine. And in thirty seconds, me, and him, and the witch, are going to walk out of here. You know who I am. Or you ought to. You know my reputation now... does anyone here really want to start something?"
---

"You're LYING. YOU do not know my NAME." "Perhaps. Do you wish to find out how loudly I can shout?"

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
But seriously, "The Books of Magic" mini-series written by Gaiman with art by Bolton, Hampton, Vess, and Johnson is spectacular if you want to see some magic users - even if you aren't a big DC comics fan.

View attachment 353675
---

"That's right. The boy's mine. And in thirty seconds, me, and him, and the witch, are going to walk out of here. You know who I am. Or you ought to. You know my reputation now... does anyone here really want to start something?"
---

"You're LYING. YOU do not know my NAME." "Perhaps. Do you wish to find out how loudly I can shout?"
Introduction by Zelazny? That can't be much newer than the mid-1990s, right? Roger's been dead a while.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Fun fact I only learned today: He did the translation for the English language dub of Princess Mononoke.
Sorry, antecedent problems: Zelazny or Gaiman? (This is a fact I am learning this instant.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

View attachment 353675
---

---

John Constantine remains one of the greatest modern fictional wizards, even if DC did him dirty after the original run of Hellblazer wrapped up. (John should not be shooting magic lasers out of his hands, in any medium.)

Remove ads