• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I think they are more the kind who would go to a message board squwaking about their preferences and sh*ting all over if they weren't happy.

I will not get them accounts on here!

(They also need to make sure not to give them laptops. They love pulling keys off).
th-1705566706.jpg

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Agreed. The first thing I thought of when seeing this is laser pointers and cats, which tends to make the cats neurotic.

Nothing like a trip to a bird rescue to see all the plucked bare cockatoos and traumatized African greys to show that the larger parrots definitely don't need any extra help going in that direction :.-(

We've been keeping cockatiels (started one, then have consistantly been two at a time) for about 30 years now (last three we lost over the years had made it to around 17yo). Even though they seem more robust mentally than their larger kin I wouldn't recommend anyone getting one unless they could get two and were prepared to give them the run of the living room when they were home (so, no leaving books around that you value and being ready to clean up the poo and not if you have cats or dogs). Had a pacific parotlet too who had a good run, but I don't think they're as cut out for domestic life in terms of intelligence and temperment, and I wouldn't recommend them or any of the really big parrots. No experience with budgies, love birds, or conures. I can see why some people say no one should keep any bird and might agree for several of the species. But then again I can see why some people say we shouldn't trust most humans with dogs, cats, or even their own children.

Last edited:

Remove ads