• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the hairy heck did "on accident" come from? It keeps cropping up in weird places and it's just so weird. When did we suddenly replace one two letter preposition with another two letter preposition? It's not like it even becomes easier to say. Just bloody weird.
Oddly enough the written English part of my brain can not remember ever encountering this before and is reacting in rage and confusion, but the spoken English part of my brain feels like I might have been saying "on accident" in conversation my entire life.

so Disney is moving into horror
287192270_10222126623580010_7305862367162056897_n.jpg

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
I'm bored and over tired, so on another forum I posted enough to make Deadpool the only thing showing on the front page. I really need some solid sleep. It seemed funny at the time though, even if the last couple of posts were "Deadpool!".

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm shocked--SHOCKED--that a request for advice from theorists has turned into (another) argument about terms.

NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN THAT COMING

Hey- jargon HELPS, remember.

Because as we all know, we are using GNS Pizza Theory. There are ONLY three types of pizza:

Good pizzas are pizzas without pineapple.
Nasty pizzas are pizzas with anchovies.
Superior pizzas are pizzas ordered in Italy.

Now, to understand this you have to go to the lengthy discussions:

Zeno: I just order a pizza in Italy that had Pineapple. What type is it?
Achilles: Akshually, there is an essay from 2006 that explains that High Concept Nasty Pizzas are Pizzas that are ordered in Italy with either anchovies or pineapples on them.

Zeno: I ordered a pizza in New Zealand that had canned spaghetti and M&Ms on it. Is that a G pizza?
Achilles: Of course not! As Tortoise explained, anyone who orders pizzas in New Zealand suffers from phantasms and delusions, because New Zealand is an imaginary nation, like Canada. Under the Big Theory that may not be questioned, that is a Nasty Pizza.

Zeno: Now, if I order a pizza that is all toppings, but no sauce or crust or cheese, but is just the sausage topping, uncut, at Oktoberfest, in a bun, is that a G pizza?
Achilles: Well, it might be! In order to understand, I'd like to relay my very similar AE (actual eating) experience when I once ate ortolan with my head covered to avoid God's shame, which is exactly on point to what you are describing, and an example everyone is familiar with.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Hey- jargon HELPS, remember.

Because as we all know, we are using GNS Pizza Theory. There are ONLY three types of pizza:

Good pizzas are pizzas without pineapple.
Nasty pizzas are pizzas with anchovies.
Superior pizzas are pizzas ordered in Italy.

Now, to understand this you have to go to the lengthy discussions:

This feels like it might tie in with how strange the English language and pronunciation is. I've never seen the city pronounced "chi-CAH-go" /ʃəˈkɔː.ɡo/ spelled "Italy" before.

Unless you're using "superior" as non-standard jargon to mean - ok stuff, but better stuff was developed later when they took into account outside influences.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
This feels like it might tie in with how strange the English language and pronunciation is. I've never seen the city pronounced "chi-CAH-go" /ʃəˈkɔː.ɡo/ spelled "Italy" before.

Unless you're using "superior" as non-standard jargon to mean - ok stuff, but better stuff was developed later when they took into account outside influences.

Chicago-style pizzas are the ones you put ketchup on, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads