The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph
That show had the best lawyers Bob Loblaw, Barry Zuckerkorn and Wayne Jarvis. Throw in a Jackie Chile's and you have the absolute dream team.
Now I'm picturing a show like L.A. Law, but with Bob Loblaw, Barry Zuckerkorn, Wayne Jarvis, Jackie Chiles, and maybe Dean Sanderson from The Grinder. Dean could have formed his own law firm, and made those guys partners. I would watch the heck out of it.

327549000_742399037039599_3657029858808376344_n.jpg

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
"IANAL and certainly not a litigation IP lawyer, and haven't read anything by lawyers on here or elsewhere, but let me tell you perpetually with total certainty why all these companies with lawyers are worried about nothing because they are misinterpreting legal terms and don't know how cases happen."

Update: "IANAL and certainly not a litigation IP lawyer, but I have at least read a few of the lawyers saying things about it. And after throwing out the 1/2 or so that disagree with me, I am absolutely certain that these companies with lawyers are worried about nothing because they are misinterpreting legal terms and don't know how cases happen."

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
All the recent stuff has gotten me so down and depressed.

I've put down all my fantasy stuff I was doing/reading and started checking into my CoC/Delta Green stuff.

Like, that's not even a joke.

The games about our cosmic insignificance and getting pulled into the hideous geometry of a chair by a Hound of the Angles is less depressing.

I just read through ... what ... ten+ pages of comments between people arguing over a basic .... llama ... concept. With, afaik, absolutely no llamas in sight. Not even an alpaca.

billy-madison-dumber.gif

I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

You can give them at least a little bit of understanding, though, because this isn't a llama message board.

What bothers me more is when people argue about game design for 10+ pages when it is obvious they have absolutely 0 understanding of game design. For better or worse, all this nonsense with the OGL has given us a temporary reprieve from the worst of those arguments.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You can give them at least a little bit of understanding, though, because this isn't a llama message board.

What bothers me more is when people argue about game design for 10+ pages when it is obvious they have absolutely 0 understanding of game design. For better or worse, all this nonsense with the OGL has given us a temporary reprieve from the worst of those arguments.

See, though, you say that only because you have some understanding of game design. Things that you know about will stick in your craw a little more.

Imagine it's not about llamas, but about medicine. So you have people arguing for pages on end about whether ill humors cause heart attacks, or whether heart attacks are caused by your mother being cold & distant.

And a doctor looks at it and is like, "I mean, a small part of me wants to say ... myocardial infarction, but the much bigger part of me knows better than to even start ... because, really, where do you start with that?"

An Advertisement

Advertisement4