The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
I was wondering about Psionics in it (the little I played they didn't come up).

Now I'm wondering if it really does have no pizza.
Usually it is left out. It's space magic. For character generation, it almost always leaves the psion too weak. The official setting has some sort of uncomfortable associations with there being "psionic suppressions" in the history, mostly to rid itself of the rules. They felt like they were tacked on at the end though.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Usually it is left out. It's space magic. For character generation, it almost always leaves the psion too weak. The official setting has some sort of uncomfortable associations with there being "psionic suppressions" in the history, mostly to rid itself of the rules. They felt like they were tacked on at the end though.
Mostly this. They use a point system and Psion ability score. Characters usually can be telepath, telekinesis, etc.. I find it better for story telling than for actual PCs. Nobody has asked, or at least pushed the issue. If somebody ever randomly gets latent Psion ability in chargen tho, i'll roll with it.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Mostly this. They use a point system and Psion ability score. Characters usually can be telepath, telekinesis, etc.. I find it better for story telling than for actual PCs. Nobody has asked, or at least pushed the issue. If somebody ever randomly gets latent Psion ability in chargen tho, i'll roll with it.
In my far too long of playing it, basically everyone has been disappointed with the result, so it's not a system I would really offer. Conversely, everyone I know from using 5e Esper Genesis, has said it is over powered. There is a middle ground somewhere I am sure. Maybe M-Space, or Ultramodern 5e, I don't know.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
This is the only thread.

All other threads are an illusion, designed to anger your blood and yoke you to the wheel of argument and distract you from this, the one true thread.
Baloney: I've seen you in the other threads too and you are not just a ghost over there. (Real ghosts do not eat pizza.)

Remove ads