The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I really hope that people understand that the majority of text walls are merely skimmed, if at all, rather than actually read.
I think the writers of such blocks of text fully understand that. They depend on it, actually. It gives them an 'out' when they're backed into a corner. Stuff like "you didn't even read my post, so clearly you're wrong" or "you didn't care enough to read my essay, so nobody should listen to what you have to say about this topic."

Ryujin

Legend
I think the writers of such blocks of text fully understand that. They depend on it, actually. It gives them an 'out' when they're backed into a corner. Stuff like "you didn't even read my post, so clearly you're wrong" or "you didn't care enough to read my essay, so nobody should listen to what you have to say about this topic."
If I'm actually invested in the topic, I read. When it gets to the third or fourth text wall, my investment tends to wane.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
shirt-1565053355-2623e7037c44a07f3afd3303089aed8e.png

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
There are some who bludgeon with word counts, I agree. There are others who just think long thoughts. It can be tricky to tell the difference.

Ryujin

Legend
There are some who bludgeon with word counts, I agree. There are others who just think long thoughts. It can be tricky to tell the difference.
And there are some who start with long thoughts and then devolve to stating those thoughts in long prose, over and over again, to the benefit of no one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases