The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
If you'd just concede that your favorite pizzeria doesn't serve the goodstuff, except maybe by accident, you could probably claim a lot of your life back and use it for something beneficial (like visiting your fave pizzeria, or talking about your fave pizzeria with people who actually enjoy it too).

C'mon! Do you know what is best in life?

To visit your enemies' fave pizzerias, to complain about their toppings, and to hear your own lamentations that they can't cook pizza right.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Working on a neuro-divergent shopping experience pilot for my company currently. LED lighting frequencies in store reduced and overhead music muted for first two business hours. If you know someone who may benefit or appreciate this, shoot me a PM and I'll see if we have a site in your area (U.S.).

Edit: This is happening around the Pennsylvania metro specifically and the stores are Target. I guess that makes it easier.

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Working on a neuro-divergent shopping experience pilot for my company currently. LED lighting frequencies in store reduced and overhead music muted for first two business hours. If you know someone who may benefit or appreciate this, shoot me a PM and I'll see if we have a site in your area.
It occurs to me there may be people who aren't (or who don't think they are) neurodivergent who would prefer that experience. I am not at present in touch with anyone, diagnosed or otherwise, who'd benefit, but this is emphatically a positive move.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
It occurs to me there may be people who aren't (or who don't think they are) neurodivergent who would prefer that experience. I am not at present in touch with anyone, diagnosed or otherwise, who'd benefit, but this is emphatically a positive move.
I'm just a programmer on this, but others are working on the community connection part for the company. I just wanted to spread the word. I believe this kind of thing has been sporadic in our company history, but during covid a vulnerable shopping period was very popular.

Snarf Zagyg

Since the topic comes up on this thread occasionally, I thought I'd pass along one of the best amicus briefs I've seen in a long time- written on behalf of The Onion, dealing with a pending issue regarding parody.

This might be first time anyone has ever used the phrase, "Funny for a legal document," in a way that wasn't meant as an insult.*

*Similar to, "Pretty for an airport," or "Your kid's artwork is ... interesting," or "No, really, I love to hear about your fantasy football team."

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
C'mon! Do you know what is best in life?

To visit your enemies' fave pizzerias, to complain about their toppings, and to hear your own lamentations that they can't cook pizza right.
"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To find the one thing you don't like in the thing you like very much, and then to complain about it, loudly and publicly and in great detail, until your eyes grow dim and the Sun grows cold."

Snarf Zagyg

"Conan, what is best in life?"

"To find the one thing you don't like in the thing you like very much, and then to complain about it, loudly and publicly and in great detail, until your eyes grow dim and the Sun grows cold."

down-goes-governator.gif

Remove ads