The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"A magic longsword? But I need a rapier for my build. You have seen my build, right?"
As someone who is now trying to make up for not giving out enough magic items over the years (read: nothing for multiple levels), the fact that I can't rely on magical long swords being sought after makes me very sad. It's probably small potatoes, compared to the rest of the issues being addressed, but I really hope 1D&D makes them more popular again. (Yes, I have been playing since a long sword +1 was a big deal.)

As someone who is now trying to make up for not giving out enough magic items over the years (read: nothing for multiple levels), the fact that I can't rely on magical long swords being sought after makes me very sad. It's probably small potatoes, compared to the rest of the issues being addressed, but I really hope 1D&D makes them more popular again. (Yes, I have been playing since a long sword +1 was a big deal.)

Well, magic items have a tradition of adapting to fit the wearer's size and nobody batted an eye. It could easily be expanded by making them fit the wearer's build.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I use a workaround for that. I admit it's a bit convoluted, and certainly not everyone's cup of tea, but here goes:
  • Weapons, armor, and shields with a +1 enchantment aren't magical.
  • They are, however, made from cold iron.
  • Similarly, +2 weapons are nonmagical and made of mithril, and +3 weapons are nonmagical adamantine items.
  • If you find a +1 longsword, you can pay a blacksmith to smelt it down and reforge it into a different weapon of equal weight.
  • Only NPCs can work with mithril, adamantine, and other rare metals. This will never be explained.
  • You can even save up enough of them to make a whole suit of full plate, if you're so inclined.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
But how many people actually knew what the 10 foot pole was for?
Almost ten years ago on another message board, I participated in a thread about ten foot poles and how they work. It led to the creation of the Most Ancient and Worshipful Guild of Roodsmen and Pole-Tenders, hirelings to tend to your ten-foot poles and use them properly. Also incidently they can organize and support your dungeon expedition with dispatch.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I've not only met one. I am one.
1669942599906.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases