The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

robert duvall asterix GIF
Are the 90s getting you down?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Cross-talk in these forums reminds me of a fable.

A boy was out playing by the river and saw a snake trapped in a fishing net.
"Please, somebody help me!" the snake begged. "I'm drowning!"
"I don't know," the boy said. "Snakes are dangerous."
"But I'm a good snake," the reptile replied.
"I don't know about that," the boy hesitated. "My brother says snakes are poisonous."
"I'm a nice snake," the snake said. "I've never bitten anyone before!"
"Oh?" the boy said. "Well, I suppose that is very nice of you."
"I promise not to bite you if you'll help me," the snake said, tears in its beady eyes.
So the boy agreed to help the snake. But as soon as the snake was free from the net, it bit the boy on the ankle!
"Ouch!" the boy cried. "You said you were nice! You lied to me!"
"Don't blame me," the snake said coolly. "You knew I was a snake the moment you laid eyes on me."
Isnt this just the scorpion and turtle story reframed? To scare children even more it would seem.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Isnt this just the scorpion and turtle story reframed? To scare children even more it would seem.
That's such a good story.
Bidpai circa 1570 CE said:
A scorpion, being a very poor swimmer, asked a turtle to carry him on his back across a river. "Are you mad?" exclaimed the turtle. "You'll sting me while I'm swimming and I'll drown."

"My dear turtle," laughed the scorpion, "if I were to sting you, you would drown and I would go down with you. Now where is the logic in that?"

"You're right!" cried the turtle. "Hop on!" The scorpion climbed aboard and away they went.

They were halfway across the river when the scorpion tried to give the turtle a mighty sting.

"What are you doing?" yelled the turtle, and sank beneath the water to cause the scorpion to drown.

"Why would you do that," cried the drowning scorpion. "I stung you only because it was in my nature, which can't be changed. You drowned me from an instinct to malice!"

And when they went before the Heavenly Father for judgement, indeed it was so. The scorpion was granted passage into the Kingdom of the Just, while the turtle was condemned to fiery pits of Tartarus for his perfidy and malice.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
On the other hand you can feel satisfied that you are, in fact, better than some people.
Look, I know woke culture is in full swing right now, with Star Trek and Pink Floyd and other franchises going full "woke," but I want people to remember the traditional values of these franchises: capitalism, masulinity, and violence. Will no one think of the violence?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases