The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I am not a llama.
walt disney animation studios llama GIF by Disney

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
All the recent stuff has gotten me so down and depressed.

I've put down all my fantasy stuff I was doing/reading and started checking into my CoC/Delta Green stuff.

Like, that's not even a joke.

The games about our cosmic insignificance and getting pulled into the hideous geometry of a chair by a Hound of the Angles is less depressing.

I just read through ... what ... ten+ pages of comments between people arguing over a basic .... llama ... concept. With, afaik, absolutely no llamas in sight. Not even an alpaca.

billy-madison-dumber.gif

I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

You can give them at least a little bit of understanding, though, because this isn't a llama message board.

What bothers me more is when people argue about game design for 10+ pages when it is obvious they have absolutely 0 understanding of game design. For better or worse, all this nonsense with the OGL has given us a temporary reprieve from the worst of those arguments.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You can give them at least a little bit of understanding, though, because this isn't a llama message board.

What bothers me more is when people argue about game design for 10+ pages when it is obvious they have absolutely 0 understanding of game design. For better or worse, all this nonsense with the OGL has given us a temporary reprieve from the worst of those arguments.

See, though, you say that only because you have some understanding of game design. Things that you know about will stick in your craw a little more.

Imagine it's not about llamas, but about medicine. So you have people arguing for pages on end about whether ill humors cause heart attacks, or whether heart attacks are caused by your mother being cold & distant.

And a doctor looks at it and is like, "I mean, a small part of me wants to say ... myocardial infarction, but the much bigger part of me knows better than to even start ... because, really, where do you start with that?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases