The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

MarkB

Legend
And the frustrating part is, that's absolutely true.

That's why I avoid saying "right" or "wrong." Instead, I'll say something like "I can't agree with that." And 90% of the time, this will still cause them to blow a fuse.
"Opinions can't be right or wrong, but mine is more right than yours."

Ryujin

Legend
And the frustrating part is, that's absolutely true.

That's why I avoid saying "right" or "wrong." Instead, I'll say something like "I can't agree with that." And 90% of the time, this will still cause them to blow a fuse.
Yeah, better to skip over "wrong" and jump straight to "stupid", but it could only be said in this thread.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
"Nothing is perfectly safe. Congress could make it so that no license could protect derivative works, or ban copyright altogether. You're silly to base your stuff on anything involving any IP and ttRPGs. A movement could start tomorrow to have a constitutional amendment banning role-playing!"
Yeah. Some of this fear-mongering is wild.

Ondath

Hero
Oh, man, I have some bad news for you about physics.
I mean, the phenomena that the laws of physics try to explain objectively exist, yes. But the rules are approximations at best. You could fit existing observed phenomena into any paradigm if you tried hard enough, so even the laws of physics are constructed to a certain extent.

Doesn't mean constructed things can't be practically useful and stupid to challenge on a day-to-day basis!

Just realised you were making the same point to overgeeked! It's 8 AM here and I've been on a night bus ride with practically no sleep, sorry for the confusion...

Last edited:

Ondath

Hero
On a completely unrelated note...
i give up GIF

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I'm picturing a ttRPG about a post apocalyptic world that got to that point because someone found that a part of the structure of property deeds in a key country had never actually been tested in court, and someone decided to do so, resulting in complete chaos as no property rights were legally enforceable anymore and gridlocked government couldn't agree on a fix. And with that country in chaos the dominoes started falling elsewhere. (It feels like a nice change from the ones that happen because of nuclear war or disease or huge climate change... but I'm not sure how exciting it would be without cyborgs, mutants, zombies or whatnot).

Remove ads