The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

overgeeked

B/X Known World
A: I'm designing a random event table of bad luck going from worst to least bad for my modern horror game. And so, a car accident is one of the worst and a stubbed toe is one of the least bad.
The worst that can happen to you in a horror game is a car accident? I think that might be why scare quotes were invented. It’s a “horror” game.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
The worst that can happen to you in a horror game is a car accident? I think that might be why scare quotes were invented. It’s a “horror” game.

It's just the random part about what happens to you each morning. It leaves out the part where the world is actively out to get you.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
B: Even if they did die it wouldn't be the car accident that killed them. It would be the loss of oxygenated blood to the brain that sometimes comes along with car accidents.

Last edited:

Tutara

Adventurer
If anybody here plays video games, I highly recommend you check out Disco Elysium. The worldbuilding is phenomenal, and the game itself is highly amusing.
Revechol was, I believe, originally the setting for the developer’s home RPG (possibly even D&D). DE is a tremendously funny, deeply sad and cathartic experience - vast and oceanic, like my soul. I would buy the tabletop setting in a heartbeat.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So, are you saying whether Chicago style "pizza" is a casserole or pizza should be determined from the cheese and not the crust? or that we should just treat casserole and pizza as the same thing?
I'm making homemade lasagna this week and the distance from yesterday's stromboli to the lasagna is very, very small. (I'm using the same red sauce on each, for instance.)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Oh, I can think of a number of ways that a car crash can work in horror, especially as an intelligent protagonist will try to get the heck away from the scene of the horror.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I have a sinking suspicion the explanation of the reasons for the arguments will lead to more arguments. Oh comma well.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
The worst that can happen to you in a horror game is a car accident?

Everyone reacts differently ...

095b8c47238bb44ae19b7173f7144eb0aa9c3c59.gif

Remove ads