The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Quick! I need a character concept for an impromptu 5E D&D game tonight! (Name, background, race, and class; 1st level; all WotC books but no 3PP; Eberron setting.)
Spinner, far traveler half-orc bard. He/she was raised by a wandering group of players (kind of like a carnival), who turned out to be a bunch of shapeshifted fairy-folk from Thelanis; they've got to return there to re-connect with their stories (it's a fairy thing), and they hated to leave him/her behind, but Thelanis is Stories Made Real, and Spinner hasn't told their story yet -- they'd be overwhelmed and become an NPC in someone else's story. And the foster fairy parents will be damned if their kid is going to be someone else's side character! The matron of the troupe of players gave Spinner a blade of grass and instructed him/her to hold it tight between their fists and blow a particular tune if they're ever on Thelanis to let the fairies know they're there.

MarkB

Legend
Quick! I need a character concept for an impromptu 5E D&D game tonight! (Name, background, race, and class; 1st level; all WotC books but no 3PP; Eberron setting.)
My last Eberron character, for a short-run scenario, was Veridian, a warforged druid. He was an experimental co-operative project between houses Cannith and Vadalis, with living vines built into his substructure, and I flavoured all his spells as innate capabilities.

I wonder what the Sea Dwarves in Seas of Vodari are like.
Vodari has three main groups of dwarves (mountain, hill, and sea). All of them started as the same people but history has pulled them apart.

A great war deep in the mountains led to the hill dwarves splitting off into their own nation to avoid fighting a war far from their hillside farms. In more recent times, the hill dwarves have taken to the seas for trade and exploration.

The mountain dwarves are focused mainly on what happens inside their mountain halls and holdings, fighting a war for their survival against an enemy from deep below.

Thousands of years ago the united dwarves used magic and technology to mine valuable and magical metals near cracks in the sea floor. Over time, some of these dwarves became gained resistances (to cold or heat) and the ability to live and breathe underwater. Today, many of these sea dwarves still consider themselves mountain dwarves loyal to the High Thane. The majority of younger sea dwarves are less loyal to the mountain nation and another revolt could be on the horizon for the dwarves.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Halfling Barbarian (Path of the Beast, if you get that far). Outlander background. Ride in on a dinosaur, if you can.
You had me at "ride in on a dinosaur."

I went with Wood Elf instead of Halfling, but kept Barbarian for the class and Outlander background. I asked my DM if I could have a dinosaur as a mount instead of a horse, and she said I could have an Axe Beak if I could justify it with my backstory. I accepted the compromise, and reskinned the "axe beak" monster to be a real-world prehistoric flightless bird.

And so a new faction appeared in the game world: The Ae'rochben, or "Bird-Riders." They are a remote tribe of wood elves that dwell in the misty jungles of southern Valenar. Much of their culture has developed around large feathered dinosaurs called phorusrhacos, which they have domesticated for use as war mounts, draft animals, and food sources.

Remove ads