The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

What was up with quicksand in the 80s? Or in general?

Quicksand was so prevalent in so much media, that I was reasonably certain that I would get killed by some rogue quicksand late one evening.

Did we finally solve the quicksand epidemic???

I think a lot of that was residual quicksand from the 60s and 70s but it sure did feel like it showed up in lots of shows in the 80s. It’s also one of those weird phenomena, like anvils, that I have only ever experienced through television and movies. So I doubt I’d recognize real quicksand in nature (on TV it is always a conveniently identifiable area of sand, often circular or oval, that is discolored from the surrounding sand and terrain.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
My bank account just got us denied an apartment. Next time I will show the realty lady my RPG shelf. I’ll point to Call to my multiple Cthulhu editions anytime she doubts me

I can't remember where I heard it, but I recall someone describing how you know you're no longer poor as the grocery test.

When you go to the grocery store and you're no longer mentally calculating how much the stuff you're getting is going to cost when you check out? When you're able to just buy something you see at the store without putting it into your mental budget? That's the grocery test telling you you're not poor.

If you don't know intuitively understand that, you've never been poor.

Scribe

Legend
I can't remember where I heard it, but I recall someone describing how you know you're no longer poor as the grocery test.

When you go to the grocery store and you're no longer mentally calculating how much the stuff you're getting is going to cost when you check out? When you're able to just buy something you see at the store without putting it into your mental budget? That's the grocery test telling you you're not poor.

Confirmed.

when you dip into bard

00019-857520684.png

That seems like an interesting measure. I always keep track of that when I am grocery shopping. Especially now with the prices

I was being facetious in my post (we ended up getting the apartment). But I did provide documentation and explanation because it didn’t look great on paper. So it was denied initially but by taking time to address each concern and show how we planned around that concern, that moved the dial in our favor

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
...you only get a tiny guitar, which gets bigger as you gain more bard levels?

That totally needs to happen in the new ruleset - first level bards start out playing the ukelele, then work their way up through the lute, the banjo, the guitar, the cello, etc... High level bards are required to play the standing bass, lol.

HA!

We all know that Bards only play the kazoo, because of course that's what they'd do.

Ryujin

Legend
...you only get a tiny guitar, which gets bigger as you gain more bard levels?

That totally needs to happen in the new ruleset - first level bards start out playing the ukelele, then work their way up through the lute, the banjo, the guitar, the cello, etc... High level bards are required to play the standing bass, lol.
Epic level Bard.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases