The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Scribe

Legend
-----

So not only can I not solve for the client need, not only will we breach the contract, and those timelines were never really happening anyway, but in addition you want us to manually populate all this data?

Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff

Ryujin

Legend
-----

So not only can I not solve for the client need, not only will we breach the contract, and those timelines were never really happening anyway, but in addition you want us to manually populate all this data?

Jim Carrey What GIF by Laff
Client: We need to move our entire department to another building, because we're giving up the lease on our rented space.
Me: OK, when should we schedule for that move, so we can have enough people available to perform it?
Client: Today.
Me: ...

Ryujin

Legend
Yes

"When do you need a solution for?"
"Yesterday, well 2 weeks ago if we are honest."
Right up there with, "This has never worked right since I got it. I demand that it be replaced NOW!" "When did you get it?" "Six months ago!"

That one i get on a monthly, if not sometimes weekly basis. If it wasn't working then why didn't you call us immediately? Why is it such a priority now, if it hasn't worked for 6 months?

Scribe

Legend
Right up there with, "This has never worked right since I got it. I demand that it be replaced NOW!" "When did you get it?" "Six months ago!"

That one i get on a monthly, if not sometimes weekly basis. If it wasn't working then why didn't you call us immediately? Why is it such a priority now, if it hasn't worked for 6 months?

A lot of us are conditioned now to work around bad systems/software, until we hit a breaking point and we lash out.

Ryujin

Legend
A lot of us are conditioned now to work around bad systems/software, until we hit a breaking point and we lash out.
I'm talking about things that would literally make it impossible for someone to do their job. As a result my BS meter goes off every time that I hear/read that sort of request. People think that sort of thing moves them up the priority list when, in actuality, it gets them put on quite a different "list."

Ryujin

Legend
And another one from just a few minutes ago.

Client - When I plug m,y laptop into the dock it doesn't show anything on the connected monitors and the keyboard, and mouse don't work. The power light doesn't come on, on the adapter.
Me - Try unplugging the adapter from the dock and from the wall outlet. Leave it like that for a few minutes, then reconnect it.
Client - Still doesn't work.
Me - (Sends request for on-site tech to have a look.)
On Site Tech - The power adapter wasn't plugged into the AC power outlet.
Me - HeadDeskHeadDeskHeadDeskHeadDesk!

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
And another one from just a few minutes ago.

Client - When I plug m,y laptop into the dock it doesn't show anything on the connected monitors and the keyboard, and mouse don't work. The power light doesn't come on, on the adapter.
Me - Try unplugging the adapter from the dock and from the wall outlet. Leave it like that for a few minutes, then reconnect it.
Client - Still doesn't work.
Me - (Sends request for on-site tech to have a look.)
On Site Tech - The power adapter wasn't plugged into the AC power outlet.
Me - HeadDeskHeadDeskHeadDeskHeadDesk!
Star Trek Reaction GIF

Remove ads