The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Thomas Shey

Legend
The moment when you know, just know, that the client was too lazy to try what you asked and just wanted someone to do it for them.

To be fair, in a few cases they may have tried it a couple more times after talking to you and then just left the damn thing unplugged in frustration--and of course, predictably, the moment the technician comes, the thing you've tried three times yourself works fine.

Ryujin

Legend
To be fair, in a few cases they may have tried it a couple more times after talking to you and then just left the damn thing unplugged in frustration--and of course, predictably, the moment the technician comes, the thing you've tried three times yourself works fine.
Nope, tech said the client looked embarrassed when he just plugged in the dock's adapter. That was the only issue all along.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I can picture lots of movies starting with nuclear fusion and superhuman AI... but very few end up in Star Trekian utopia. Am I too negative. Off to Google that.

1000004406.png

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Not really from another thread, but I wanted to mention this somewhere.

What must have been several decades ago, while I was watching cartoons, in the middle of the commercials there was this bizarre music video with CGI graphics about a skeleton who played the guitar. The singer(s) had a bizarrely high-pitched voice, and the whole thing was cool but slightly eerie; all I could remember was the refrain: "and they call him Mr. Bones."

Much later, I found out that this was in reference to a Sega Saturn game of the same name, but Youtube playthroughs confirmed that song that I'd heard on TV wasn't there. Even so, every few years I'd go looking again, out of lingering nostalgia.

Imagine my shock when I finally found it!

The uploader even included a bit of history in the description, confirming that the whole thing hadn't been some sort of weird fever dream I'd had:

Another 'RARE' hard to find video, at least not being recorded from a camera. There are many uploads of the japanese commercial of Mr Bones, but never the US commercial. As far as I know, this music video commercial only aired during a commercial break for Goosebumps during November 16, 1996 on FOX KIDS. The only upload on youtube was a camera recording from 2007, and a compilation of commercials from that day. I decided to dig through commercial compilations to find this and upload it on it's own. It fits the halloween season, so I figured around Halloween would be a good time to upload it.

It's so nice when you finally recapture those (admittedly random and rather weird) bits of your childhood like this. 💀

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
Not really from another thread, but I wanted to mention this somewhere.

What must have been several decades ago, while I was watching cartoons, in the middle of the commercials there was this bizarre music video with CGI graphics about a skeleton who played the guitar. The singer(s) had a bizarrely high-pitched voice, and the whole thing was cool but slightly eerie; all I could remember was the refrain: "and they call him Mr. Bones."

Much later, I found out that this was in reference to a Sega Saturn game of the same name, but Youtube playthroughs confirmed that song that I'd heard on TV wasn't there. Even so, every few years I'd go looking again, out of lingering nostalgia.

Imagine my shock when I finally found it!

The uploader even included a bit of history in the description, confirming that the whole thing hadn't been some sort of weird fever dream I'd had:

It's so nice when you finally recapture those (admittedly random and rather weird) bits of your childhood like this. 💀
I just found the Mighty Orbots intro which for years was some robot cartoon I used to watch.

Turns out it ran for a brief time—one season? Due to a lawsuit by Go Bots…

Weird but I feel comple….complete-r

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I just found the Mighty Orbots intro which for years was some robot cartoon I used to watch.

Turns out it ran for a brief time—one season? Due to a lawsuit by Go Bots…

Weird but I feel comple….complete-r
I would have expected the suit to be more connected with Voltron than the Go-Bots--even then, I could see it whence much of it was derived.

Remove ads