The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You know, funny story about LA. I happened to be in town for a day and one of my buddies had moved there. I called him up and was like "Hey, let's hang out". We happened to be about 12 miles apart as the crow flies or something like that. And he declined. Turns out, in LA traffic at that time it would have taken him hours to get to me. My biggest memory of my time there.
The smart money in LA is to use Waze, not your memory and not even other map apps. You want an app that will send you down side streets and through backyards to shave off every second of your commute, otherwise, getting anywhere, even on a good day, takes at least 40 minutes and often much more. Anytime one has to get on the 405 or 101, they're basically doomed.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
The smart money in LA is to use Waze, not your memory and not even other map apps. You want an app that will send you down side streets and through backyards to shave off every second of your commute, otherwise, getting anywhere, even on a good day, takes at least 40 minutes and often much more. Anytime one has to get on the 405 or 101, they're basically doomed.
You know, different trip, and it was in the bay area. But, I was on the 101 North near San Jose and I went 9 miles in THREE hours. I swore to never complain about Chicago traffic ever again.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yep. I drive over the 405 from the valley to Santa Monica all the time. On Monday the traffic is the best, probably due to hangovers from the weekend. Takes me an hour. The rest of the time it's an hour and a half unless an accident slows things down.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I came home once to find a boxed delivery "cleverly" hidden under my front door mat. The door mat was about a foot off of the ground sitting on top of the box. 🤦‍♂️
I don't normally quote myself, but my memory was slightly off. Found the picture I took.

7341.jpeg

Ryujin

Legend
I ordered an exercise bike on Amazon. They put it on my front porch, standing up, within inches of my screen door. I had to go out the back door to get it.

Remove ads