• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The In Character Character Game: Part III

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
"Yeah, the consensus seems to be for guns and ammo. I don't hold much with either, but the Austrailian... sorry, I've forgotten your name already." Thomas waits for him to fill in the blank, then continues, "wants a gun cleaning kit and ammo, and I think a few others wanted various firearms."

"It's better to be safe than sorry, right? If we need to go dino-hunting, an elephant gun or two can't hurt."

KitanaVorr

First Post
"Ohhh! I remember it now." Hanh nods. "Its been a while since I last saw that movie."

Perching herself on the counter, the young woman gives them group a curious if rather nonchalant glance. "Well I know the rest of the people here haven't had the pleasure or rather indignity of running into Barney like we did, but do you think regular firearms will work?"

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
"I, as you say, have not run into him," begins Thomas, "But if he's either a man in a foam suit or an actual purple dinosaur, guns should work as well as anything else. Barring, as has been said, some magic that would protect him." This is just like planning a buff/scry/teleport thinks Thomas bemusedly.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Thomas Hobbes said:
Thomas waits for him to fill in the blank, then continues.

"No problem, just call me Festy," Festy-James says with a smile and a shrug.

KitanaVorr said:
"Well I know the rest of the people here haven't had the pleasure or rather indignity of running into Barney like we did, but do you think regular firearms will work?"

"On the matter of Barney vs. bullets, we won't know until we try. And then as long as magic and technology don't conflict here, we could always get our bullets or guns enchanted somehow. I mean Vivi was hanging around back there with Gandalf, and he definitely has a lot of experience with enchanting weapons, if Final Fantasy 9 is anything to go by," Festy says seriously.

Last edited:

ThoughtBubble

First Post
Daniel clears his throat and speaks up from the back.
"Hitting up a gun shop sounds like a good idea. I'd like to pick up a sword, or a bat or some armor or something while we're out. A gun shop sounds like a good place to hit first though. Maybe a sporting goods store or archery place next. Know any places like that Hanh?"

He pauses for a moment before continuing. "I say we shop as much as we can while there's light out, then head back to the tower. On the way, we can discuss tactics. If we do run into something, the best tactic might just be to let Jemal hit it for a while." Daniel half smiles for a moment. "But seriously, if you get nervous or hurt, it's ok to back off."

"And yeah, bullets probablly won't be too useful against Barney. But there are plenty of things that they might be useful against. If nothing else, some of our own worry." He shakes his head. "Besides. I'd guess that he'd crush most of our minds in person. Bullets aren't the factor that's going to beat him."

He smiles widely. "By the way, I'm Daniel, and welcome to my dream." He finishes the sentence with a wink.

(ooc: We still in Pliskin's?)

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I'm not excactly in need of guns, thanks to being around here a while and Hanh hiccuping, but if you need some, I guess that's the best course of action. Now if I could just get this damn suit to work..."

psychognome

First Post
"Hmmm... I don't have any skill with guns, and can't make any magic. That sure sucks. Anyways, do we have the slightest idea of Barney's whereabouts?"

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Aaahh, I love this feeling. To be filled up with positive energy." Mario says as he comes back into the restaurant, visibly more relaxed.
"Are you doing some tactics?" he asks seing some knife upon the table and Tom's map. "Then, I think I found a way to prevent Barney from fooling us again. If I manage to resist in the first place, that is. I think that if I apply this energy in the right way, I can quench any sound in an area of about 5 mt....that would be 15', I think. How does it sound?" he smiles at the little pun, than he offers Pikachu some candy.

dream66_

First Post
*Diana look positivily agast at the casual misconception that stealing from the company that feeds her and pays her car payment won't hurt anyone.*

"Well, If a bow isn't easy to come by lets forget it... It's been a long time since I tried to hit a moving target anyways and never one that was attacking me."

"I'll find someway to make myself useful."

KitanaVorr

First Post
Hanh shook her head. "I don't know any gun shops. I do know one shop though that has all kinds of stuff that might interest you. Its called um...what is it again? Oh yeah, 3d Light. Its a shop just across Moonshadows, you know,the bar that Vivi took us that leads to Diagon Alley."

Launching of the counter, she bounded toward the door, with one cat peeking out of her backpack and the other still perched on her head. "Bye, Snake!" she called out, waving at him as she exited. "I love your place!"

"Next time I'll teach all of you how to bake a mean German Chocolate Cake!" Solid Snake called out with half a wave. "And bring back that SOCOM in one piece, boy!" he added to Festy-James sternly.

Remove ads