The Kolloseaum: Team Gil's Conscience (DM: Iron Sky, Judge: Luinnar)

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Kauldron is at 59/59 hp and 9/12 surges left. Used Healer's Mercy that was spent off and one +14 Healing Word. Kauldron's good to go.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION], Martelai doesn't use bones for fortune casting, but star charts...in this case very quickly drawn points in the sand, triangle with an arch between them

"Ootah, this next fight will be harder still. Your luck is holding steady which means very little improvement over this fight. Take care of yourself."

OOC: in the future casting, I'll let the victim roll so I don't get blamed for all the bad rolls :)

Cast Fortune (1d20=7, 1d20=6, 1d20=4)

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Match Two: The Black Pool, Round 0

The group is led from the sandy arena where a group of goblins is standing waiting for the burrower to cool down enough to be dragged away.

You find yourselves led to an arena that has a stone pit full of a metallic-looking black liquid that bubbles and churns. Across a walkway is a platform and upon the platform are four giant statues of a succubus with a red glassy sphere on a pedestal rising behind them.

On the sides of the platform are yellow spheres set into similar pedestals. In the center is a metal grate over a cool blue liquid. In the center of the grid floats a giant red gem, spinning slowly beneath a brass framework that hovers in the air above it.

Above it all drift two pentagonal platforms upon which spheres of energy flicker and dance...

The announcer booms out. "Ladies and gentlemen and whatever else we have in our fine audience today; here we have a match the likes of which you've never seen before! Our competitors have a simple task: be the last ones standing on the platform. To help them - the red spheres behind the statues will let them smack each other around, the yellow spheres will let them blast each other. For more excitement, the central gem will change each round for all sorts of exciting mayhem! Getting near it is dangerous, but which ever team controls it will have an advantage the next round! When we begin, they'll have a few seconds to get into position before hostilities are initiated...

Aaaaaaaaaannnd - let the games begin!"

GM: See special match rules below.

You cannot target any enemies or harm them in any way the first round.

Enemy team initiative is 22. Everyone can take your actions to position yourself and roll initiative, then the enemy will go. After that, the no-attack restriction will be off and, we'll do the usual init order thing (PCs that beat enemy go, enemy go, all PCs go, etc).

[sblock=Combatants]-Party-
Ootah: S9, 45/46hp
Joy: P9, 46/46hp
Cyr:T9, 42/42hp
Gil: U9, 36/36hp
Kauldron: N9, 59/59hp
Artemis: R9, 37/37hp
Martelai: Q9, 54/54hp
Lerrick: T8, 47/47hp
Brenwar: O9, 65/65hp

-Enemy-
Eladrin Mercenary 1: O11
Eladrin Mercenary 2: Q11
Eladrin Mercenary 3: T11
Eladrin Mercenary: 77hp, AC 23, Fort 18, Ref 22, Will 16. MBA: +12 vs AC, 2d8+6 damage.

Eladrin Shadewalker 1: N11
Eladrin Shadewalker 2: P11
Eladrin Shadewalker 3: R11
Eladrin Shadewalker: 94hp, AC 23, Fort 21, Ref 22, Will 20. MBA: +14 vs AC, 2d8+8 damage and the Shadewalker becomes invisible to the target until the end of the Shadewalker's next turn.

Eladrin Spellweaver 1: S11
Eladrin Spellweaver 2: U11
Eladrin Spellweaver: 82hp, AC 22, Fort 18, Ref 20, Will 22. MBA: +13 vs AC, 2d8+4 damage and the target is slowed until the end of the Spellweaver's next turn.

Eladrin Arcane Archer: T12
Eladrin Arcane Archer: Minion, AC 21, Fort 17, Ref 21, Will 19. MBA: +12 vs AC, 5 force damage and push 1.

Effect Key: location, hp/max hp, damage related, TenT or TsnT, conditional, save ends, encounter[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]Statues: The central (red) square is a wall and cannot be passed. Any square that is more than half full of the statue (not including arms) is difficult terrain.

Oil: The oil is hazardous terrain (can make a save if forced into it). Creatures that fall into it are restrained(save ends). Creatures that end their turn in it take 5 damage of the round's type. Getting out of the pool and back onto the platform takes 2 squares of movement.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules of the Round]Central Gem: Each round the central gem will change colors, each color having a different effect. Regardless of the color, ALL creatures in the arena will have the following effects:

*Vulnerable 5 to one damage type.
*Resist 10 to all other damage types.

The damage type is determined by the color of the center gem.

Standing in the blue area will have two effects:

1) When the gem changes colors, everyone standing in the blue area will take an attack (see Round Attack below).
2) When the gem finishes changing colors, whichever side has more conscious players in the blue area will get a round benefit for their team that changes depending on the central gem's color. On a tie, neither side gets the benefit.

Statues: A player on or adjacent to one of the red spheres can control the the statue next to it and direct it to attack as a minor action. The statue's attack can target any creature within reach 5 of its center square: +12 vs AC, 2d10+3 damage and slide 3.

Yellow Spheres: A player on or adjacent to a yellow sphere can control one of the pentagonal platforms and direct it to attack any creature on the map as a minor action. Attack is "Round Attack" below.

Black Liquid: Any creature that falls into the liquid takes the a "Round Attack" below when they fall in and are restrained(save ends). At the end of each turn in the oil, creatures take 5 damage of the current round's type.

Round Attack: +10 vs NAD(depending on center gem color): 1d10+3 damage (type depending on center gem color) and slide 1.

Victory: If at the end of a round, only one team is on the platform (others are unconscious, dead, or in the oil) the round ends immediately.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appease the Crowd]*As a minor action, a PC may make a skill check to wow the crowd. If they succeed at the check, they gain +2 to their next d20 roll if they beat the DC, plus +2 per 5 by which they beat the DC. If the check is failed, the PC takes a -2 penalty to their next d20 roll, -2 more per 5 by which they miss the DC.

I.E, if the DC is 15, 1-5 would be -6, 6-10 would be -4, 11-14 would be -2, 15-19 would be +2, etc.

*All skill DCs will start at 15 and each individual skill's DC goes up by 2 per time the skill is used as the crowd gets more jaded. The DCs go up at the end of the round in which they are used. The DCs do not drop between arena rounds.

*Any skill can be used, as long as the player can provide relevant character action to back up the roll.

Current Skill DCs:
Acrobatics: 19
Insight: 19
Religion: 19
Streetwise
: 19
All: 17[/sblock]

Attachments

• BlackPoolRound0.jpg
    BlackPoolRound0.jpg
    312.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Are the Cast Fortune roll valid for Initiative too? If it is, my initiative is 14. As for positioning, I don't know what strategy are we following - I intuit that trying to control as many red orbs as possible my be the best option, but that may lead us very open since there are no restriction as to where the eladrin may deploy - they could do it right on top of our leaders and/or squishies for a devastating first round.

Last edited:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Are the Cast Fortune roll valid for Initiative too? If it is, my initiative is 14. As for positioning, I don't know what strategy are we following - I intuid that trying to control as many red orbs as possible my be the best option, but that may lead us very open.

GM: Cast Fortune works on the next 3 d20 rolls (so yes, Initiative is affected).

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: I just have one question. Is Non-typed damage, like regular old everyday melee damage a type that gets resisted due to the central gem? Or no?

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Initiative rolled in last post.

I can't find a good way to deploy. If we bunch up (in the center, perhaps) trying to protect the vulnerable party members or ranged attackers we'll be easy prey of area attacks and yellow/red orb effects. If we spread even a bit, given that the enemies deploy later and they'll most likely have a much better initiative, they'll simply set up for another devastating first round since they'll be able to pretty much pick their targets without opposition.

Remove ads